Wednesday, November 7, 2007

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes?


Of my 3 sons, Bachelor #2 is the most interested in the fairer sex. He's the one who gawked at a window display for Victoria's Secret while the rest of us were tromping through the Mall of America to see the aquarium. His brothers only had eyes for the escalator. He's the one who has had a girlfriend since he was three. His brothers don't believe in girlfriends (or putting dirty clothes in the hamper or picking up toys).

At Grandparent's Day at preschool his Grandma Alice asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

She expected him to reply "Firefighter" or "Police officer" or even "Superhero."

Nope.

Mr. B. answered, "Married."

Fast forward to yesterday.

He's sitting at the kitchen table playing with play dough and announces, "When I'm married you know what I'm gonna do?"

Me: "What's that buddy?"

Mr. B: "Drink lots of water."

Me: "Why's that, buddy?"

Mr. B: "'Cuz I really like water so I'm gonna drink a million of water."

All I can say is his future wife is one lucky gal.

4 comments:

  1. You got yourself a ladies man! They are way better than sissy boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming post.
    So glad I found you through the Randomizer
    Happy NaBloPoMo
    Frances
    http://blogjem.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I came over from NaBloPoMo. I'm challenging myself to comment on as many blogs as possible this month as well as post.

    I agree with "in the moment," you've got a lady's man in the works, there! My brother used to steal the Victoria's Secret catalog every time we'd get one.

    Happy Posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie!

    I wonder if he'll ever go through a "girls are icky" phase?

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.