Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Sunday

What a fine, fine day to be home again. My zits are receding to "blemishes." Church as fantastic as always. We got our Christmas tree (a gorgeous spruce that brushes our ceiling at 11 feet tall) and decorated it with only one broken ornament this time. The friendly tree salesman gave us advice on how to make our tree stand more sturdy so we may just enjoy a Christmas without the tree lying horizontal across the living room. (Yes, you read that correctly. We've had a total of 4 tree tipovers. Four. One involved a 2 year old trapped underneath the wreckage. And yes, all my pretty ornaments have been shattered so we're down to the crappy glass balls and wooden and fabric and metal ornaments.) I cooked dinner--ribs and homemade corn bread, green beans and fruit salad. Nobody got spanked while Mr. D hung the lights on the tree. The forecast for this year's holiday season? Bright and merry!

The bonus was getting over to Conkey's Bookstore for the final day of their big sale. One third of my shopping is now complete and I bought nothing for myself. (Virtuous me!)

Best moment of today: Mr. G discovered the singing reindeer my aunt gave us for Christmas a few years back and deliriously played Santa Claus Is Coming To Town over and over again. Then he stood in front of us all and commanded, "Everybody! All together now!" Dramatic pause. He pushed the button on Rudolph's hoof (paw?) and we all sang together, "You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why: Santa Claus is coming to town. Ho
Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!"


Now I'm off to fold and sort 5 loads of laundry and watch tonight's episode of Desperate Housewives. Bliss.

1 comment:

  1. The question is: Was there much cussin' when y'all were untangling the lights? :-)

    I love family moments like the ones you described. This is what your boys will remember when they grow up.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.