Thursday, November 8, 2007

Midnight Anthem (sung to the tune of the Star Spangled Banner)

Oh say can you hear the footsteps in flight?
How quickly they run across hallway then down stairs
Bare feet hit the tile--
They're coming towards me!
I fake a deep sleep but he stands there and pokes me.
There were monsters/bad guys/scary beasts in the night
He stands there panting, heart pounding in fright.
Oh fine I'll roll over and let you in bed
I pull the boy in and feel his butt's wet.

Question for the day: Did the dream scare the piss out of the child, or did the wet bed evoke the nightmare?

I'll let you ponder that while I throw in a load of wash.



2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. We went through a nightmare/bedwetting phase with one of our girls. I really, really, really hate getting out of bed in the middle of the night because I have a hard time going back to sleep afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a ugly sound..those little footsteps coming for you in the middle of the night. What is even worse, however, is have the little one wet YOUR bed. Yeah, that has happened to me!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.