Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Book Club Prep

Don't know why, but it did. It took me all day to clean, bake 3 batches of cupcakes for classroom parties tomorrow, run to the cheese store and I still have to grab a bottle of white wine. And I still have to run a vacuum and wipe down the toilet (which I shall do right before the ladies arrive at 6:30 because I have sons who are sloppy pee-ers) and clean up the kitchen. Oh, and help with homework, trek Mr. T to guitar, drop off drycleaning for Mr. D who came home at 3:30 a.m. from his golf vacation and God Help Me not run out of gas in the minivan.

But enough about me. Do you like my cupcakes? (The chocolate ones, that is, not my cupcakes.)



And my pretty library set up with extra chairs for the Bumble Book Club?




And in other news, Mr. T asked me to teach him how to knit. I love him. He's making a scarf. And concentrating really hard.

10 comments:

  1. Very impressive cupcakes!

    I'm trying to organize a book club, but it's been a challenge getting the right mix of compatible readers together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of Robin knitting. What he is making for Batman? I am sure your bookclub will love the cupcakes. What else did you make with the cereal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always takes longer to get ready for company than I expect it to. Don't know why. But it sure is nice to have a clean house sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cupcakes look good enough to eat! Seriously, it always takes so long to get ready and then there is the list of things left to the last minute, the kids hanging off you, and the one person who will come early before you are ready. But that makes it fun. The Bumble Book Club will adore your home, your library, your cereal menu and those to-die-for cupcakes. Have a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks lovely! I use to have all that energy, but now it is just fun to read about all that you can do in a day.....I wanted to teach Joe how to knit this week-end, but he liked playing games on the computer so much better. Have a great evening with the ladies in the book club.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does the costume give him extra knitting powers?

    I just LOVE your library! It's so cozy and inviting.

    And the cupcakes are quite festive. My children would be so envious, since I almost never bake cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks beautiful. Especially the cupcakes. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOOH! Those are DREAMY cupcakes - can I have one?

    House look super too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Wiping drool from moniter* Called NutriSystem folks..They said NO to my plea for your cupcakes.They look fantastic.I would love to have a book club gathering,but I'm the only person among our friends who reads for pleasure..Woe is me...;p

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh I love your library room...I wanna come to book club!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.