Friday, February 22, 2008

Green Girl Fakes a Good Time

First the cool news: Jen on the Edge (blogging diva) and I are starting an Eco-living blog together and we kick off on March 1st. Stay tuned for details on EcoWomen: Protectors of the Planet!

In other news, I'm going on a "Girl's Weekend" with former teaching colleagues, leaving this afternoon, returning Sunday. There will be a (ungodly expensive) spa treatment involved (which damn well better be worth it). And wine. And gossip. And chocolate and a movie and too much food.

But my heart is not in it.

You know that storyline on Desperate Housewives where Lynette gets cancer and doesn't tell her friends? I don't have cancer. I'm not sick. There are circumstances right now making me feel like Jet Li just nailed me in the gut with a flying front kick. But I'm not about to open up and share because I don't need/want anyone's pity, I'm not ready to talk about what's going on, and I still haven't squared away my own feelings.

Therefore, I'm going to do what women have done since the beginning of time, for all kinds of reasons. I'm going to fake it. And hope nobody notices.

If there's an award out there for the most vague, lame and uninformative blog post EVAH, I think I just won.

11 comments:

  1. Have a nice weekend and try to forget whatever is wrong...as we old people know "this too will pass"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a good weekend and that faking won't be necessary.

    And, seven days until we become caped crusaders! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the new site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new blog--I am most excited to see it! And I hope all goes well, I have felt that kind of jet liner blow and not been able to confide in anyone so my heart is with you...I am sure things will sort themselves and in the meantime enjoy the wine and chocolate and your smart collaboration on something that is very important!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a good weekend anyway! Faking it can sometimes work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY.
    I do that all THE TIME.
    ALL THE TIME.

    Go and pretend you are having fun and you probably will. have. fun.

    I'm sending you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay...I disapprove. There will be no telling about squaring away your own feelings if you don't expect us to get OUR feelings all in a dither and pester the h-e-double hockey stick out of you until you tell us what you are on about. So there.

    Other than that Big Statement, I can only say that I am looking forward to seeing the new EcoWomen blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, darlin', I'll be thinking about you! I know you can take Jet Li.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a big ole T.E.A.S.E.

    What's your issue? Divulge my cyber-friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YEP! Now we're ALL worried about you..Cause we loves you ya know!I demand you have a great time and come back ready to fess up..Or whenever is good for you.Yes,thats how I roll these days. Wishy AND Washy. ;p

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.