Saturday, February 9, 2008

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night
S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night

It's just a Saturday night!

Aaaaand the Bay City Rollers are stuck in my skull.

Day 2 of Golf Widowhood in Wisconsin--and they're calling for a bone-chilling -50 wind chill tonight. Yes, you read that right. Fifty below.

The following things are making it a great day:

* Nestle hot chocolate mix. Deliciously rich, easy to make, and totally fixing my chocolate craving.

* A new floor puzzle (of a T-Rex!) and all of Team Testosterone is enjoying it. (Thanks, Sarah for picking that up for us!)

* A visit from Sarah with coffee and chit chat and an early birthday gift (squee!). If this is any indication, I may be in for the BEST birthday EVAH.

* 99-cent video rentals. Team Testosterone is getting their fill of Scooby-Doo and Batman Beyond after finishing their chores (Valentine's day cards, practicing guitar, homework)

* Family class at karate. Ended with Dodge Ball. Adults won 2-1 in the series. Karate Moms kick butt.

* Pork chops, rice pilaf, pineapple and peas for dinner. (Dinner was brought to us tonight by the letter "P." As in "Popcorn" which we'll eat during the 5:30 viewing of Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman.)

* When we got home from karate, I said I had to shovel last night's snowfall. Mr. T and Mr. B took over the shovels and cleared a path for me. Voluntarily. What nice boys!

It's just a Saturday night!
And I can't think of another way I'd like to spend it right now--I've got The Dark Knight, Team Testosterone and homemade popcorn (none of that toxic microwave crap).

10 comments:

  1. RE:Saturday Night
    Episode One:This Is How We Roll

    Super Heros G.Girl and the Team have hot chocolate and popcorn.(Batman eat your heart out!)..Stay warm guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dream would be - put the boys to bed early and enjoy some ME time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My team testasterone is watching Star Wars right now on this cold, snowy Saturday night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me a big ol bowl of REAL popcorn.....sounds like a great night is planned. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Saturday!!! The entertainment, the nice boys, the great food -- it all sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It was, like, fifty below here too...AND we had a wind! (Canucks always love to one-up you Yanks with our BAD weather) but your testosterone party sounds like the perfect solution to the winter blahs! Cherish your "Family Time" - it passes by so quickly. xxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It was, like, fifty below here too...AND we had a wind! (Canucks always love to one-up you Yanks with our BAD weather) but your testosterone party sounds like the perfect solution to the winter blahs! Cherish your "Family Time" - it passes by so quickly. xxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. We did indeed hit that -50 wind chill mark so I bet you did, too. I decided to do the whole thing right and get THE WORST cold I've had in a decade. Oh my. I can barely think and talking? So yesterday. You'll love this but until reading this post I had absolutely forgotten that both Valentines Day and my son's upcoming fifth birthday will require some physical movement and advance preparation on my part. Oh my God. I better get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brrrrrrrrrr - that's cold - have you tried hot chocolate with a shot of Baileys - that warms the cockles of your heart!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.