Friday, February 29, 2008

Sick Day Today, Greener Day Tomorrow

Poor Mr. D is sick. Flu sick. Icky sick.

I'm proud of him, though. Instead of being all manly (stupid) about it, he asked me immediately for some drugs. And a heating pad.

After leaving him I located the Lysol wipes (I know, not the Greenest cleaning tool on our planet, but when a girl lives with 4 penises, you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't use as many spring through fall because then I can send them all outside to do their business.) and now I'm hitting every surface area he's come in contact with. Fortunately he doesn't go upstairs much and has stayed mostly in our bedroom. I'm popping Spiderman vitamins like they're candy. (Which they kind of are, since they're all fruity and gummy.)

We're also not bowling tonight. (sigh)

Not sure if it's because he's ill or what, but he did extend me the sweetest complement last night.

Mr. D: When you were gone last weekend, it wasn't that bad. Not like last year. The boys were really good.

Me: (nod)

Mr. D: I never would have taken them anywhere a year ago, but when we went to Rico's for breakfast it was fun. I just sat back and watched them--you know, eating and stuff. They're such little men. And then it hit me. It's all because of you. I haven't done anything. You've done it all. You're a really great mom.

Me: (speechless)

I think he really meant it because in his current state he was in no mood for sexual healing.

***

Don't forget to check out the new eco-living blog Jen on the Edge and I are starting--tomorrow! We're pandering to every denominator from Super-crunchy-tree-huggin'-hemp-wearing types to the Use-it-once-toss-it-buy-another-one-repeat types. (I'm sure most of y'all fall somewhere in the middle of that spectrum, though!)

Eco Women: Protectors of the Planet

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazingly nice compliment! That must have meant the world.

    I also live with 3 penises...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...when a girl lives with 4 penises..."

    Wow, a statement like that could be really misconstrued. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That was nice. Maybe he thought he was dying. The flu will do that to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad you didn't have a tape recorder for that one, GG! It may be a long time coming for those words again, so bask in the lovely glow of 'em now--you SO deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best compliments are the ones you get when you had no idea anyone was paying attention..(Does that make sense?)

    I TOTALLY get the penis thing...;p

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.