Monday, March 10, 2008

Green Girl Didn't Go To Med School

When Green Girl's kid and husband complain of headache, sore throat, cough (hacky, dry and unproductive), achy muscles, fatigue, shortness of breath, chills and fever (103.6!), she automatically thinks: Influenza A!

A solid week passes without any improvement. In fact, they seem to get even sicker if such a thing is possible. No combination of Motrin, Mucinex, Delsym and bed rest make any difference. Since bundling 57 pounds of Mr. T into the car to see the doctor is a hell of a lot easier than dragging 225 pounds of physician-phobic Big Daddy, she makes the appointment for the smaller (less resistant) patient and watches paid professionals run the Influenza and strep tests.

Negative. Negative. But perhaps...let's just see...

Yep. Pneumonia.

And after Big Daddy goes in (under the threat of abandonment and divorce papers served up with a side of bitch-slaps), the highly trained medical staff at the clinic adds bronchitis to the diagnosis.

By the end of this week play dates will be rescheduled, lessons and school attended and order restored. After she gets the house cleaned, the laundry washed and Mr. T caught up with school, Green Girl will have some peace and quiet. She plans to waste it on frivolous diversions like revising her book, baking chocolate cake, reading Truck and ordering seeds & supplies from her garden catalogs.

***
In other news, Jen on the Edge has totally turned her on to Indigo Wild (now that Green Girl's nose is fully functioning). Wow! Ka-Pow! She wants more!

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back to good health and being able to smell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the family is on the mend! You deserve two or thre minutes to yourself..just kidding..make that two or three weeks! Jen has now made us ALL want goats milk soap. She's so baaaad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you can smell, sorry half Team T has pneumonia. Can you throw them in the garage and air the house out?
    Make that a huge chocolate cake just for yourself and you're about right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! Hoping everyone is back to 100% by the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. I hope everyone feels better soon. You deserve some time for your happy diversions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ick!
    What gives with the pneumonia?
    My girlfriend's 16mo old had it twice already this year and then her 6yr old daughter got it.
    All three of mine have nasty colds with coughs and fevers, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
    Hope everyone feels 100% very soon.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You poor woman! I hate how sometimes I get so caught up in taking care of everyone, I don't even realize how sick they are. I brought David (when he was 4) in to the doctor for what was the worst case of pinkeye I had ever seen. I mean, he was just lying lethargically on the couch and not moving at all. And his face looked terrible. Turns out he had pneumonia. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry abou the sickness.....but I realy have to say I loved Truck...and I love Michael Perry...if I was ever tempted to run away with another man it would be Michael Perry. Funny, manly, interesting, and a deep thinker who loves Greg Brown?? Now, that's sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And then? Spring break. I hope you all feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Send some of those healty vibes my way would you? I'm glad you have regained your sense of smell-I hope to regain my ability not to barf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yikes! Hope everyone gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.