Friday, April 11, 2008

Oh, Sugar!


Remember this and Schoolhouse Rock on Saturday mornings?

Mr. B at breakfast this morning studying the back of the Honey Nut Cheerios box: Mom? Does this cereal have a lot of sugar in it?

Me: Well, sort of. Why?

Mr. B: I need to eat a lot of sugar.

Me: Why's that?

Mr. B: Because sugar makes your teeth rot out.

Me: Why do you want your teeth to rot out?

Mr. B: So that the tooth fairy will come and I will get a lot of money.

***

In other weighty news, my local writing partner got cast as an extra for Public Enemies, the Johnny Depp/Christian Bale flick being shot 30 minutes south of where I live. She'd asked me to go along for the auditions a month or so ago, but I assumed it would be a colossal waste of time to stand around with a thousand or so people eager to meet Mrs. G's Secret Boyfriend AND the Mamapop Mascot. Tempting, but a Major Time Suck. She went--and got cast! Apparently they had a very difficult time finding locals who were thin enough to look like they lived during the Great Depression...as always, hindsight is 20/20. I'm also short, so I coulda been a contender! Dang.

***
Mr. T has his qualification test for his 1st Degree Black Belt tomorrow afternoon--I'm a nervous and proud mama--stay tuned for a report on how he does!

13 comments:

  1. Good Luck Mr. T on your test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be very proud!

    And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kid says the sort of things my kid says. Tonight my lovey says we need to keep people from finding out that ham is made from pigs because pigs will be a "dangered species" if the word gets out about ham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to Mr T. We want pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that Sugar Bear!

    Good luck on the test, it's a big accomplishment to get that far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snort! Reminds me of the 6-year-old who, upon being told that girls would love his long eyelashes, asked his mama to pull them all out. There's logic, and then there's kidlogic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I would have never gotten cast for that, short or tall. :-)

    Good luck Mr. T on his black belt test!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AND an autographed snap of you with Capt. Jack! Oh, well, you probably were home baking cookies instead or helping kids with homework, or cleaning up little mousie heads...
    Tell Mr. T his NC coalition is firmly in his corner and sending him strength for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. Clever kid you got there!

    2. I believe Mr. T. will come home a Black Belt. Congrats in advance!

    3. I was cast as an extra in Ordinary People. 'Cause, you know, I'm ordinary. But hey, the movie won Best Picture and Director Oscars!

    4. The opening scene of Oceans 13 was shot in my (then) burb. Although no extras were cast locally, I did get to see (along with everybody else in town) George Clooney live. Yeah, he's just as cute as I had hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should call the casting agency! It might not be too late!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.