When it's 37 degrees and blowing snow, well, the brain freezes up a little. And I had one of those weekends where we were busy but I got very little accomplished. For those reasons I offer up this Super Lame post.
* Vote for Middle. Please. Why? Because his mother is so cool.
* Read Jen's awesome post on Eco Women: Protectors of the Planet. She has a point and I've been mulling these very issues over in my mind lately.
* I purchased, hauled and helped spread over 260 pounds of worm castings on Friday and Sunday. Now I need to head back to the farm to collect more for my gardens. My children are enchanted by the massive amount of worm poop we use for the yard and gardens.
* While at the farm I met a woman who makes her own shopping bags out of old feed & seed bags. The one she had was gorgeous--a deep blue with pictures of chickens and corn, but she had none to sell me that day. I hope to find her next month at the farmer's market so I can buy out her entire inventory for gifts and for me.
* Mr. T finally received his black belt and his demonstration on Saturday night impressed me beyond my expectations. They weren't low expectations, but we've all sat (read: Suffered) through our children's performances. I did not suffer. I have re-viewed my videotape of it several times since because he did such a great job. If I knew how to post it, I would.
* I have a lot of sand left in my driveway and the sandbox is overflowing. If I could get the trailer out of the Back 40 where it sits entrenched in mud I'd fill it and bring the extra sand over to the elementary school for their sandboxes. I wish it would dry out so I could.
* I have 1,900 tree seedlings to pick up on Thursday. Again there's this mud issue really hampering the planting of 1,900 tree seedlings.
* I finished The Diary of Mattie Spenser by Sandra Dallas for this month's Bumble Book Club meeting. It was like Little House on the Prairie for grown ups. The ending felt contrived and the writing was okay. I'm curious to get the group's take on it.
* Domestically Challenged posted a lovely series of photos and thoughts on Colin Firth. I think I'll go re-read that again after I take Mr. B to preschool. He shouldn't see his mother drooling over online photos of her #2 Secret Boyfriend. Would it be wrong to re-read it with a glass of wine at 12:05 on a Monday afternoon? Maybe it would feel less dirty if I made chamomile tea...