Saturday, June 14, 2008

Our Aim is Miserable, but Our Hindsight is 20/20


Yes, it's a Kohler, no, it cost less than a regular toilet, yes, the water economy is fantastic, and yes, they had to special order it because no one in our area installs them for residential purposes.

Mr. T was 3 when we built our house. Mr. B was in gestation, but we didn't know his gender yet (I always "Pushed for the Surprise"). Mr. G was a surprise in the sense that we weren't planning to have a third, but we were discussing whether to have a family of five. At no point were we "trying for a girl," our conversations were always about family size. Because really? You can't control a baby's gender and 50/50 are pretty harsh odds when you're not absolutely certain you want another person in your life for a minimum of 18 years. That's a huge responsibility, one we don't take lightly. And I adhere to my sister-in-law, J's, philosophy that God gives you what you'd do best with.

After all these weiners started running around our house, we began work on the basement--including a half-bath and some closets around the sump pumps.

Yes, we did. And yes, we should have in the other bathrooms--if only we'd known ...

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant - I wonder where I can get one. Before we moved into our current home, we had just found out we were having our second boy. The ultrasound tech suggested to me that I have a "girl's only" bathroom and that is just what I did. Not that I have three boys, I am so glad I did. (And we weren't trying for a girl either which is always the question, isn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOL IDEA! Very innovative in the home, especially with three boys. Why not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a paper towel dispenser on the wall, also? Or maybe just one of those electric hand dryers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a house full of the male species, this is a really great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a great idea to install a urinal. If I lived in a house with a ton of men I'd get one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BRILLIANT!!! I bet I can get one of those! Every corner Rum Shop has one. I wonder what it would take to get my house plans back to the drawing board though? Does that "Urinal" need to be connected to the sewer/soakaway system, like a toilet? we will have a septic tank and soakaway, and I am just wondering about plumbing. I have designed one bathroom for the three boys to use, and it is very "dorm".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to know if you have a Michigan State Spartan on those walls someplace! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wiping up pee as I type. Aim. Gotta get me one of those urinals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Genius.

    When I complained that someone at my house left the seat up I was countered with a complaint that I leave it down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent idea - cute bathroom too!

    Just the one chap in our house....he he really prefers peeing in the garden ' to keep the foxes away'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea - and that is one cute bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea - and that is one cute bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have several friends in all male households. I'm suggesting this to each and every one of them, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.