Monday, July 14, 2008
Number 3 Turns 4
Mr. G turns 4 today--although we've been celebrating all weekend since Grandma came to town. He ordered a "Super Why" cake and since Chef Duff was busy, Mrs. Landreman made it and hot damn it's a good thing I ordered a half sheet for all 6 of us--we demolished it in two days! I'd feel ashamed, but it was so good--chocolate with white frosting, not too sweet and perfectly moist ... but I digress. Back to my main point:
Fourteen Fun Facts About Mr. G Who Turns Four Today:
1. He wakes up first every morning--about 6:20 a.m., comes downstairs, crawls into bed next to me and asks, "Mom? Tan I watch PBS Tids?"
2. Not one, but TWO dimples add to his insane cuteness. Add a splash of freckles across his nose and a dollop of derring-do--well, imagine how the girls will call our house one day. (which reminds me to unlist our number this week)
3. He loves dinosaurs and farm animals and plays "pretend" for hours. He is also quite skilled at puzzles.
4. He'd love to have a pet chicken or pet cow. He brings this up every time we drive past a farm. We live in Wisconsin, the heart of dairyland. Imagine how often I hear him beg.
5. Sugar is his favorite food group. Popcicles, chocolate milk, cake, cookies, candy--he's been known to beg for a spoonful of sugar straight up.
6. He adores superheroes and leans toward DC Comics, preferring Batman over the rest of the Justice League. Flash runs a close second.
7. He loves to wear rubber rain boots. His yellow ones ripped so we bought him a blue pair. Now he wears them interchangeably--sometimes one blue and one yellow. Mr. D is ashamed when he does this and calls us white trash. I think it's cute because he's usually wearing a yellow shirt and blue shorts or pants so he's really extraordinarily coordinated.
8. He wears a Batman cape. All. The. Time. To the grocery store. To the karate school. To the park. To the post office. When people comment, he makes a "Pshooooo!" sound and runs away to show off how it flows behind him. Sometimes he'll add the mask and utility belt, too.
9. He can make the most amazing gun sounds. There might be a future for him in sound effects.
10. Fierce temper? You bet. Mr. D and I clocked him once at 22 minutes for having a meltdown. Spoiled rotten and the baby all the way. Alternately, he has a lovely sweet smell to him, so you can't help but snuggle him and call him precious.
11. He couldn't wait to move into his brothers' room and be part of the "Big Boys."
12. People would roll a ball to him and he'd pick it up and throw it back. Hard and fast. Baby G throws right and hits left. He hits like a dream, too. A natural athlete with a propensity to show off. He begs to take batting practice daily and would hit and hit and hit the ball for hours--but he wants a pitcher, not a tee.
13. Of three boys, he was the easiest to potty train, first to talk clearly and the quickest to dress himself.
14. His two best friends are his brothers and he'd do anything for their approval and go to any lengths to up with them.
Many happy returns of the day, Mr. G! Your Mama loves you, baby!