Monday, August 25, 2008

Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

Things making me happy of late:

* new underpants with fresh elastic (no more sagging & bagging)
* zinnias & sunflowers
* crickets chirping
* the kind manager at Larry's Piggly Wiggly who switched out my unopened package of decaf for Proper Coffee--no questions asked except "How are the boys? Are they ready for school to start?"
* bonfires
* and on that note, plenty of marshmallows to roast
* Team Testosterone
* a sparkling clean bathroom
* Louise Penny's The Cruelest Month
* my hair (oh the vanity!)
* cool nights, cool sheets, open windows
* the sound of screen doors slamming
* seeing my friends twice this past month
* fresh peaches
* Mr. D clearing off his kitchen counter pile
* quiet mornings

What's doing it for you these days?

17 comments:

  1. Finding an entertaining blog!!!
    Thank you,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an excellent list!

    For me, it's the abundance of local produce in the grocery store, the less humid air, and the progress on my new house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuddle time with my guys, quiet time for me, that first sip of coffee in the morning, the hint of autumn in the air...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool nights, too.
    And tomorrow ~ a prenatal massage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My tomatoes going bonkers and the stellar weather we've been having.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list.
    Fresh peaches.
    The last of the tomatoes from our garden.
    Phone calls from my daughter in college.
    Rain! Finally!
    Tanner the Slobber Dog putting his paw on my foot as I type this!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. 24 getting a real job with real, set hours and Shortman being excited about his sr. year classes!

    Oh, and psssst - ginger brown hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making beaded necklaces.
    Homemeade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
    Phone calls from my kids.
    A great bargain on a great purse.
    Lunch with a former c-worker

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! You all have Piggly Wiggly in Wisconsin?

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool nights, open windows. Ah, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Watching my kids interact..in a kind way..with one another
    Tan skin! Sorry I am still a sucker for sitting in the sun

    ReplyDelete
  12. A quiet house when I come back home from dropping the kids and school and going through the Starbucks drive-thru.

    Ahhh...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Also, I'm so envious of your cool nights, and of the hint of autumn in the air that Susie mentioned.

    We've got a good couple of months here in AZ before we get any of that. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  14. The thought that I'll finally have time to get my house and schoolwork organized the way I like it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.