Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Baseballs, bathrooms, boys



The bathroom do-over turned out to be a Grand Slam! Mr. D is so enthused about the results that now he wants to do our bathroom so it's like this one. (Fat chance, but flattering.) He got really excited because he had one or two of these pennants growing up.

Ignore the giant globs of toothpaste--Team Testosterone can't brush their teeth without making a mess. Focus your attention on the vintage pennants--for $18.00 (includes shipping & handling) off of Ebay.



My "vintage" tin signs ran $30.00 (incl. s/h) on the internet. I love the internet! Land of bargains, I tell you. The new shower hooks were from Target, $6.99.

The towels are old--meaning they're from before. The butter-colored paint that worked so well with rubber ducks ended up being just fine for the new "baseball" look. I had enough old paint and primer, so that cost nothing.



Timeless enough to last for the rest of our life in this house--unless I'm overrun with granddaughters someday--but even then I don't see myself doing anything other than cleaning this room & scrubbing the floor around the toilet. Team Testosterone won't outgrow this look, and since it's constructed of metal and felt, it's highly unlikely that they'll be able to destroy it. (want to bet on that?)

Mr. G got so excited he promptly fell asleep. He's kind of cute when he sits still like this--a gratuitous picture. (Note the Tinker Toy weapon in his hand--the boy is ready for battle even when he sleeps)


Happy Wednesday!

19 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....look out Martha Stewart! It's awesome....such great taste! The guys must Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ♥ that bathroom! Truly awesome! And yes, ANYTHING can be a gun if you want it to be. My boys get toothpaste on the MIRROR when they brush. They're barely tall enough to SEE the mirror - what's up with that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cute! Want to help me with the bathrooms in my new house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and nostalgic. You really shouldn't clean the bathroom anymore, the Cubs play at Wrigley Field and the entire place smells like pee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! The vintage baseball stuff is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute!
    Do you have even one little space that's just for girly stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Super cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially like the vantage point of the picture taken with you IN THE BATHTUB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say this was a,forgive me, home run!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's super cute!! I love it!

    Wanna come renovate mine? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very smart! And yes Mr.G is very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job! Doesn't it feel good to have that job done?

    I love you gratuitous photo, too. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great bathroom idea - and I love the picture - kids can sleep anywhere! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the bathroom do'over. It looks great, and I have to secretly admit that when I spend quality time in there, it's nice to have something to look at ... and honestly I prefer to look at walls... (wow, this comment fell fast)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That a perfect bathroom for boys! Great job!

    I love Tinkertoys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your little guy is so cute. What a happy day he must have had...going to sleep with Tinkertoys in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would you like to come over and decorate my house?

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.