Monday, September 22, 2008

Because on Monday? We need a little break.

Holly over at Oh But No tagged me last week--and 6 random Fun Facts about me will be more fascinating than any weekend report or more political rants--it's Monday. I'll give y'all a rest!

The "rules" of the game are as follows:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag

6 Fun Facts about Green Girl

1. My left thumb is double-jointed.

2. Because I have rosacea, any spicy food or alcohol makes my face turn beet red. This is embarrassing, which makes me blush, and makes me in effect even redder. I'm sure people who don't know me well must think I'm sloshed every time I have a wine glass in hand because it goes immediately to my face!

3. Among my "personal effects" are an autographed photo of Ann Landers and a personal letter from one of Princess Diana's ladies-in-waiting.

4. I refuse to watch slasher/thriller/horror movies. The whole Jason/Freddy/Texas Chainsaw Dude/Scream thing is too disturbing for me. Freaks. Me. Out.

5. I'm always reading no fewer than 3 books at one time. Moody, I guess.

6. If Oprah recommends a book, I'm loath to read it. I used to read her "book club" books, but they seemed of a type after a while so I quit. I'm more apt to read a book because of NPR or Book Sense '76 or Bas Bleu.

Now tagging...
I'm so flattered that Jenn at Juggling Life asked me to be her Good Reads friend that I'm tagging HER (she and I like almost ALL the same books--very cool). Peggy Sez at Divas Seasons2 is a blogging enigma--I know almost nothing about her besides her sense of humor so I hope she takes this challenge and spills a little personal stuff. I have a pregnant friend in need of diversion: Amy at Amy's World. Coast Rat's random facts will fascinate. Amy A. at Pretty Shiny is sure to be full of randomness now that she's settled in to her new home. And I must tag Fannie Mae who always has something fun to say.

11 comments:

  1. ha ha - both of my thumbs are double jointed. It freaks out my kids ;)

    And I loathe Oprah book picks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have an autographed photo of Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia. Yep, I totally treasured it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had time for this, but it's all I can do to muster up time and energy to write my own blogs, and read my novel to auto-critique it! I agree about the horror movies, whose would waste their precious time and money on them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so fun to read! I'll try to do one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to the ban on slasher movies.
    Ha! I just had to correct my typing--I wrote flasher movies. Some people would like those.

    And a second amen to book recommendations by NPR. How I love NPR. I would take it as a second husband if I could!
    Oprah books usually depress me.
    (Although I'd change my tune if she'd fall in love with French By Heart! Are you out there Oprah? I love you too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you only have ONE DJ thumb--just shows how unique you are!

    My treasured autograph was of opera diva Joan Sutherland. We had to write to someone famous and 8th grade and out of the list I chose her--and she wrote back! Years later my first husband pointed out her publicist probably wrote the note and signed the photo. That's why he's my FIRST husband. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll put on my random thinking cap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love random facts about people I like!

    And I want to be your Good Reads friend! I'm going to stalk you.

    Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Boy! You're putting me on the spot, girl! I'll get it done Tuesday evening... hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll play--and your autograph/letter random fact reminds me of a great one I've got.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How am I supposeed to find jokes/cartoons of me on the interwebs? ;p

    I will give it my best shot.
    Wait a minute..Enigma Who?

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.