Thursday, September 25, 2008

Little Farmer

Yesterday was Mr. B's all day kindergarten field trip. I'd never been on this trip before--


I loved this little garden--there were many charming spots on the farm to appreciate.

This waterfall on the side of a shed was very charming.

I learned a few new things about apples (the dust on them is called bloom),

bees (these bees spend their winters working in Florida--lucky bees!),


and cheap ways to make a playground fun (I bet farmers would donate hay bales to our PTA).

It went against the nature of a kindergartener to take this warning seriously...

but the children were rewarded for listening. This chicken came right up to their shoes and they stood in a patient line, delighted by her visit.
The pumpkins were a-mazing.


Everyone got to pick one the size of their head and put it in their pillowcase. Mr. B has a big head, so he was glad for that rule.

But by the end of our day Mr. B and the rest of us were ready to go home--thank goodness for hayrides! It was a perfect day and I'm glad we got to spend it together.

14 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if you had more fun than he did--that face says "I am done."

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I loved those field trips to the pumpkin patch. That expression does indicate that all day might be a bit much, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So-o-o-o- darn cute! I wish I had been with you to get my pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Fun!! What a great way to spend the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute farm. I love the raised beds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pumpkin farms! That looks very much like the pumpkin farm/apple orchard we visit every fall. So fun!!!
    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun trip! I can't wait until it's time to go to the pumpkin patch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks so serious!
    Fall field trips are the best. Except my Sam can't stand how "everything smells so apple-y." Poor kid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved trips like this when my kiddos were young.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved those field trips. We did them with our co-op preschool.

    I want to know how the bees get from your neck of the woods to my neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I MISS those field trips! This is a handy reminder to me to go buy my pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like SO much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mr. B. has the sweetest, saddest, "I want to go home, Mommy" look on his face. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great day. Mr. B is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.