Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Annoying--

just plain annoying:

* That kid, Gerald, on Sid the Science Kid. I want to eliminate all the sugar from his diet. Yes, I know he's pretend.
* Emily Elizabeth on Clifford the Big Red Dog. She's such a goody-two-shoes that I want to slap her. But I love T-Bone with all my heart.
* Running out of printer ink when I have school board packets and PTA minutes to print--TODAY. Grrrr....so I get to drive all the way across town to get a new cartridge.
* Curious George, one of PBS's better shows, airs at 6:00 a.m. That's harsh.
* Mr. G's whiny voice all morning.
* Not finding any Battle of the Books books at our public library this morning.
* Swarms of wasps, flies, box elder bugs and ladybugs trying to get into my house.
* And the damn beetles infesting the pumpkins.

Trying to counter by thinking about:

* Still being able to hang clothes outside to dry.
* Leaving for Disney World in 5 days.
* How really, really terrific our family photos turned out.
* The incomparable talent of Randy Newman.
* Mr. B's excellent behavior all morning.
* Alexander McCall Smith's new 44 Scotland Street novel is out!
* My secret gay boyfriend #3.


Loved you then, Doogie, love you now, Barney

Spill it readers, who's your secret gay boyfriend?

21 comments:

  1. My secret gay boyfriend...well, he wasn't a secret and he wasn't out of the closet at the time. He is however gay now, and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already picked him! I loved Doggie Hauser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you stole Barney.

    He is legen (wait for it) dary.

    I want to be friends with the writer who writes his lines. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nate Berkus, Oprah's Decorating Dude. Someone with that great of hair and chin stubble shouldn't be gay. He's HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. George Michael. Too hot.. just too hot

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know about my sgb, but may I add another annoyance to your list?
    Don't hate me but I've got a question for you...
    WHY OH WHY MUST DORA THE EXPLORER YELL ALL THE TIME?
    Or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I may get in trouble for this because he isn't "out", only rumors. I love Anderson Cooper from CNN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know about my secret gay boyfriend, but I know who I'd love if I were gay....

    Haven't seen Sid, but I've heard the "mom is cool" song. But I can't find it on youtube :( Must make my kids learn it!

    The beetles sound horrid. If our pumpkins had grown (mwhahahaha!) I'd be peeved too.

    But Disney in 5 days??? What???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since my sister moved into the hood, she comes over to watch "Project Runway" and we argue over whom (whom?) Tim Gunn would love more. Ahem, IT'S ME!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anderson Cooper. I thought it was official.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaack - I had the same box elder beetle problem! Insidious little bastards...

    SGB is a tie: Clinton Kelly from "What Not to Wear" and Tom Filicia from "Queer Eye" / his new show on HGTV. Tim Gunn and NPH definitely get honorable mentions though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, no. Gertrude beat me to it. Clinton from what not to wear. Take me now. And dress me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is he gay, really?! My gaydar must be down, I never would have guessed - maybe because Barney Stinson is so macho! My secret gay boyfriend would be David Bromstad from HGTV's Color Splash.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi! You are so funny!
    ok..i like Gloria Vanderbelts son ..whats his name?? He is on CNN..he is my gay boyfriend! Anderson Cooper..thats it.!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can I say a girl? I'm very much in love with Angelina Jolie :)

    And Disney in 5 days! How exciting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. he's gay? seriously? i had no idea.

    emily elizabeth, ick. but the bitchy pink poodle? love her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The books? Look to paperbackswap.com. I joined last month and I've had success trading books!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.