Saturday, November 15, 2008

And speaking of giving...

It's official, the pressure got to be too much. Santa's helper just bit the bullet this morning and ordered a bo staff and new nunchakus for Team Testosterone. Because nothing says "Happy Holidays" like brand new weapons. And speaking of weapons and gifts, I begged, seriously begged Mr. D to buy us a Wavemaster. No go. *sigh* This morning I learned how to do a flying side kick and totally knocked my Wavemaster down Every. Single. Time. Now I reallyreallyreally want one. That move made me feel invincible--unlike the move I'm practicing from Wednesday's introduction to grappling which makes me feel like an arthritic 87-year-old woman.

In other news, my front yard is all tore up again because The Man is making us put in city water at no small expense. Dirt is piled everywhere and I don't have the stomach to investigate what has happened to 2 of my garden beds. To my credit, I gave the excavator my friendliest smile instead of my middle finger because it's not his fault our town is run by a bunch of jerkwads. Mr. D gave him a beer when he was cleaning up last night. We're friendly that way.

Day 7 of my 29-Day Giving Challenge: Bagged up a huge stack of Mr. G's outgrown clothes for a family at church with 2 daughters and nary a blue hand-me-down in sight for their youngest child, a son.

Day 8: Gave the neighbor gal next month's Bumble Book Club book.

Happy Saturday, all!

9 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the 29-Day Giving Challenge.

    Eye contact and a smile! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it from a Mom who knows...A Bo Staff is REALLY hard for Santa to wrap!
    One he left a Broad Sword under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, weapons do evoke the Christmas spirit. Mr. D. needs to reconsider the wavemaster--my boys have shared one for about 8 years and they still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giving is a good thing. Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no clue what a wavemaster is, time to Google!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I don't see us getting city water anytime soon, and I thought you were MUCH further out in the boondocks than us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I loved my kick boxing class. I hated when they canceled it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I leave the blogging world for 17 days and you manage to post 29 times?? Holy shit, girl, you are amazing.

    Glad to be back to reading your posts, made me laugh as usual:)

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.