Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

A lot of you share my fast food cravings! A&W really activates the 'ol taste buds from the sound of it.

What else am I digging these days? (Besides through a pile of toys upstairs that my children refuse to put away?)

* Doc Martin, the show, not the footwear. PBS is airing it on Saturday nights and I bought the 1st season on DVD because it is so. damn. funny.

* Pecan Pumpkin Dessert. Superior to pie in every single way. Make this for Thanksgiving instead. Everyone will be thankful.

* The following blogs give me a chuckle lately: Just Ask Beth, My Sweet Babboo, Outnumbered 2 to 1, and Domestic Accident. (my reading list on the side here should get updated someday...)

* The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Next month's Bumble Book Club read and it's keeping me up super-late because it. is. charming. (plus, being a history buff and Anglophile, it's a book after my heart.)



* Zum Rub. It's in the 30's these days and the cold air zaps moisture from my hands faster than my kids can strip my pocket clean of a $20 bill. I'm rubbing in the Zum a couple times a day.

* Slippers. And sweat pants. And not having to leave the house much. (so yes, I'm a schlub in sweats with soft rosemary-mint smelling hands. What of it?)

Reader, what are you digging lately?

Day 4 29-Day Giving Challenge: Gave a coveted toy to a little boy (not my own son). Not sure if this counts since it was a toy given to one of my little boys, so for good measure, baked extra loaf of banana bread to give to a fellow Awana leader who seems like she could use a boost.

11 comments:

  1. I'm digging Freecycle, because I have stuff that other people want.

    I'm also digging quilting with felted wool on chilly fall evenings.

    And, I'm digging the HUGE stack of library books next to my favorite chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Zum Rub sounds great. I'll have to check it out. And the book too!

    I'm home from work today. So slippers are on my feet. Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am digging MY NEW ....*MY*NEW* .... LAPTOP!!!!!! Oooooh, it's niiiice. will gloat about it with pictures and stuff tomorrow or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm digging Ghost Hunters and pasta with Trader Joe's parmesan cheese and Chris Trapper's music and this blog.

    How's them apples?

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, I'm honored to be a guilty pleasure. Your blog is definitely one of the few I try to get to every day.

    My guilty pleasures?

    TV on the internet. I never keep up with the first viewing but Hulu and ABC.com help me keep up with Pushing Daisies and The Daily Show.

    Cranberries- Throw them in scones, make a breakfast bread, or cook up some homemade cranberry sauce, I love them any way I can get them.

    Mammoth Crocs- It's not often I wear them out of the house, but it's not often I'm without them inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I AM DIGGING MY NEW COPY OF FRENCH BY HEART BY REBECCA RAMSEY AND I JUST FOUND YOU FROM HER BLOG--SO HELLO TALK TO YOU SOON JANET

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is this pecan pumpkin dessert you speak of???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pumpkin spice creamer, my corduroy pants, fireplaces, and how the kitchen is now the warmest place in the house when the oven is on instead of the inferno where food must be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm digging the 1/4 bushel of fresh oranges and grapefruit we got at the citrus market for $5.99

    I'm also digging Vanilla Bean Noel body lotion from that place where I work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone just gave me a box of King Leo's Dark Chocolate Crunchy Peppermint Patties. It's a good thing I don't know where to buy them, because there's a chance they could be my ruin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm digging being home again after a wild trip to the Big Apple...
    Peter Dickinson's "The Old English Peep Show" a reprint by Felony & Mayhem who rescue out of print goodies...and my Writers Read program tonight!
    Back to blogging tomorrow. Enjoyed catching up on yours, GG. Rub the Zum, and thanks for the book referral.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.