Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Hang-ups

Minor soreness after my vertebrae-jarring fall to the sidewalk Monday--thanks for your good wishes. I plan to spar tonight, so I must not be that bad off (thankyouGodforibuprfen).

My phone's been quiet lately--it seems that ever since November 4th, nobody wants to call me. When it does ring, I leap over couches and battle castles in a single bound, eager to talk to anyone--PTA moms with questions, Mr. D bored at the office, even (God forbid!) my mother!

Until today.

I picked up the phone and heard the pre-recorded pitch from Old Navy for crying out loud--reminding me of my opportunity to get an additional 20% if I put my purchase on an Old Navy credit card. Really? I can expect this until December 25th? In less than a month I went from screening my calls to avoid people wanting my vote to screening my calls to avoid people wanting my money. Sheesh.

And now? I am so not buying our babysitters gift cards to Old Navy this Christmas because this? Just ticks me off.

15 comments:

  1. They had better not call me. I've never heard of such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is insanity - robo calls from Old Navy? What's next - door-to-door canvassing from Banana Republic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old Navy hasn't gotten my money in years. Their girls' clothing is utterly ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. That's not good. I hoped after the election was over I wouldn't get any more irritating calls. Phooey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, simply move to the third world! Automatic call screening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blame you. Although I like their clothes, we don't have one nearby - thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so annoying that you can't stop these calls with the do not call list. Drives me batty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The other night I grabbed a call at my parent's house from a pre-recorded message with an English accent.
    What good is that No Call list anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. If Old Navy is doing automated calls, the economy must really be in the tank.

    i thought Old Nay was recession-proof.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We canceled our home phone on October 22nd, when I had to listen through 34 calls from political "salespeople". My husband being a Republican, me a Democrat and my three kids Independents, every political party known to man was calling us.

    Now, I'm rethinking . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ewww! Did they call on your cell phone?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been getting calls that actually "TELEMARKETER" in the caller ID window. Who would answer that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do not ever get involved with "The Limited." They're relentless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, no. I hesitate to answer the home phone anymore. Last night I got a telemarketing call at 10 pm from the Phillipines...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use to get annoying phone calls from the Limited Two ..turned me off big time. geesh..

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.