Sunday, November 9, 2008

Swell Sunday!



A secret surprise speaker this morning at church--the pastor from the Alliance Church in Baghdad, Iraq shared stories of success and safety they've experienced since 2000. It inspired me to hear his positive reports and answered prayers.



Day 2 of my 29-Day Giving Challenge: Dropped off 3 shoeboxes for Samaritan's Purse while at church this morning. Three children in war-torn or poverty-stricken countries will each get a box full of goodies complements of me and Team Testosterone.

Look at this striped tree on our driveway! I wonder why the leaves at the ends didn't change color, the middle leaves changed to yellow and the leaves nearest the trunk changed to orange ... that's a head-scratcher to be sure!


I took a second to stir up the sunflower seeds--almost dry and ready for storage!



My Screw Iowa! writing partner Nina Romano heard sensational news: her second collection of poetry is due to be published in the upcoming year!

What made your Sunday sweet?

11 comments:

  1. Son will be cooking dinner--so I don't have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you harvest your own sunflower seeds? My kids spent the whole day jumping in leaf piles with other kids in the neighborhood, and that was sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What made my Sunday sweet? A great dinner, home with my family...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a Bath and Body Works coupon, so when I went to work I bought a Vanilla Bean Noel Bath Parfait and got the Vanilla Bean Noel Body Lotion for free.

    I love your shoebox gifts. I'm hoping to put together at least 10. Our county volunteer organization does them for elderly people and people with disabilities that live on their own. My daughter put out a call to her Sorority sisters to help us collect items for the boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gardening at the new house.

    Spending time with my family.

    And scoring a huge pile of boxes for our move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sneaking in dinner with my husband between a conference he attended today and his band rehearsal by making the meal and taking it to him so he had his full hour break available.
    Watching youngest daughter cruise around indoors with her sunglasses on like she's a rock star. (Well, actually because she caught a frisbee to the eye yesterday, but why get technical? The pain and the E.R. are both so yesterday.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sweet, silly, sensataional daughter turned SIXTEEN!

    Loved your book club post. I need to find me one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And, evidentally, I need to find a good typing program. I hate it when I find typos after I push post. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eveyone was home,safe,warm and almost over our colds. YEA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to have heard that speaker...
    My Sunday was sweet because my Sarah was home from college. I drove her back last night and got an hour and a half with her, talking a little, but also just being quiet together--heavenly. Then I had another delicious hour and a half by myself in the car to just think. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea.

    Let's see, S...s...s...s.

    Ah, sleeping in!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.