Sunday, November 23, 2008

To market, to market, to buy a fat hog.

Home again, home again jiggety jog. Team Testosterone survived our long drive and we're midway through a wonderful book on tape: The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy by Jeanne Birdsall. Do check it out if you have young readers of either gender. We're actually anxious to drive to Iowa Wednesday so we can hear how it ends!

We went to The Works! yesterday with the boys and they had a great time. It was lovely to go someplace that wasn't crowded to the gills and see them settle in and explore gears, light, levers and binary numbers. Later, my dad watched the boys and I went to IKEA with my mother and younger sister--a dangerous place indeed.

My folks were ready to see us leave as we were ready to go, so no harm done on either side. It's funny how we'll go months without any familial contact and then overkill it within 2 months.

Days 15, 16, 17 of my 29 Days of Giving Challenge:
4 dozen homemade by me chocolate cookies & a bottle of Captain Morgan's Rum sent to deer camp with Mr. D, a hostess gift for Mary (new dishtowels and a bottle of Mrs. Meyers dish soap--geranium scented), new cat dish for my sister's cat because we were at IKEA and she needed one.

8 comments:

  1. I love "The Penderwicks." It's such a sweet book. The sequel is every bit as good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ikea is dangerous! I'm very jealous that you have one you can go to... I don't think the closest one is even within a day's drive of my house.

    Actually, that's probably not such a bad thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to leave home and even better to return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that feeling of getting back home. And it's nice when both parties in the family reach their glad-to-see-you, glad-to-see-you-go quota at the same time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the Penderwicks books in the library and I've wanted to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to need more description on your trip to Ikea to satisfied my green eyed monster.

    And, hey, I hear you on family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen (of Jenontheedge fame) has made me fearful of Ikea as I do possess a handful credit cards with nutin on them..LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.