Tuesday, December 30, 2008

the 9 o'clock news

Today in health, Mr. B's ears look more normal today--the on-call doctor suspects it's an allergic reaction to something--but what? A mystery unsolved--we were at 2 strange houses over the weekend, anything could've triggered it. Dr. D recommended Cetirizine and Calamine lotion to ease the heat and itch. Mr. T's continuing to do well as we ramp down his meds--no seizures that we know of and the rest of his system is tolerating the shift. So far, so good!

In weather & road conditions...Snow continues to fall and our neighbor's tractor blew a head gasket so here we sit drifted in. A quarter mile looks reallyreallyreally long when you're facing it with a snow shovel in hand. Mr. D's using his snowblower, but this might be the year to trick out the ATV with a plow attachment. We had company for dinner last night and they got stuck on the way in. Mr. D had to assist their passage (thank goodness for cell phones or we wouldn't have known they sat in a snowbank within sight of our house). My turkey turned out well, though, and we had a jolly time--and another late night. You know it's bad when even your cat is craving a respectable bedtime.

In business news, UPS didn't come through for us--one of 2 R/C cars came Saturday--the car that arrived on time came broken. I made the executive decision late Christmas Eve that no one would receive an Air Hog Zero Gravity car and I'll deal with the returns when I don't have 3 monkeys constantly underfoot. Happily, they adore their Air Hog Helicopters, new Nerf guns and Magnetix roller coaster so they never missed the cars.

For those of you who wrote in with your questions, a wavemaster looks like this:


The base gets filled with water or sand, weighting it down.

I'm hoping to hunker down with my laptop and catch up on all my blog reading later. The coffee is almost ready and Team Testosterone wants to watch The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl--here's to sloth, gluttony & Christmas vacation!

15 comments:

  1. Oh! I have seen those wavemaster thingies before. Not that I had the slightest clue what it was without the picture.
    Glad to hear that your misters are either doing well or getting better! Whoo-Hoo to that news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've shoveled many a quarter mile, back in the day...in Colorado. As for the nerf guns and kids underfoot...today is the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys have a wavemaster and love it.

    I'm glad things are looking up medically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. snow and blogging and hot coffee. sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Mr. B is feeling better soon. As much as I love the snow, I am thankful we NEVER get enough that it has to be shoveled. Throw some salt on it and an hour later it's clear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never experienced a snow like that and can only imagine the logistics of getting out and in and the craziness of housebound testosterone! The coffee and the movie and the coziness of it all does sound really nice though. That's what I want to do but it is actually sunny here so I feel I have rush about. I am trying to plant a winter garden if you can believe it! I wish I were snuggled up with coffee and snow though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just commented on you Eco site but was wondering how to comment without putting in your email? I tried without it but it wouldn't let menwithout putting it in so I did but would rather not have it public--you know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot fathom that amount of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad he's doing so much better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The season seems to be wreaking havoc on all of us bloggers. ;-)

    Ours isn't a 1/4 mile...but with a shovel, it feels like 10!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your hubs is better.

    A wavemaster - punching bag?...

    I figured it was for water sports.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous of your kicking thing. I need one.

    Hope your mom forgives you pretty soon, so you won't have to use that angst whilst using your wave master.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, and my two cents about the stinging ears... Has he been wearing a new hat with some weird fiber? That's my only guess.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad everyone's feeling better.

    Now I want a Wavemaster. I can imagine it's good for stress release?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hubby bought one of those plow attachments for his ATV, and is just dying for some snow.

    We really haven't gotten enough in the last year or so to use it, so when it happens, he goes and plows all the neighbors' driveways just to get it out of his system. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.