Thursday, December 11, 2008

keeping it local

Taking Mr. T off the meds will take 5 weeks--then in 3 more weeks we can do another EEG to find out if he's good to go. Eight weeks more to wait and wonder...

I got an unexpected gift of locally made Soap and lip balm from my Wisconsin writing partner--surprise gifts are the best. Good smells abound in my bathroom now (as opposed to what other smells?).

Mr. B behaved like an angel yesterday at Mr. T's appointment and then when I had to drag him to a work meeting this morning. I think I'll pay for half of the new Snow Shovel he bought us. (It pleased me to buy the Snow Shovel last night when I read on the label it was 'Made in Canada.' Canada! I don't believe I've ever bought anything made there. Almost everything I buy is made in China it seems--and when I go the extra mile to find other products, nothing is ever made in North America--not even in Mexico. But buying a snow shovel manufactured in Canada seemed virtuous somehow, and a little more local than I expected.)

Tonight the Bumble Book Club meets for their annual Christmas party--gaudy Christmas Sweaters (I don't own one, so I pin gaudy Christmas brooches to a regular sweater), a "feel good" read (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society) and the best part? Dirty Snowballs, the yummiest ice cream cocktail ever devised in the mind of a bartender. Any headaches will obviously result from the ice cream freezing my brain.

If we're lucky, these guys will offer to buy our drinks

15 comments:

  1. Whoa! And festive turtlenecks too?! So alluring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I'd known about the dress code for your book club party -- I could have made you some gaudy pins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna go to that party! Looks like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see LOTS more gaudy pictures!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what's in a Dirty Snowball? I want one!!
    Who are those guys in those sweaters? Love it.

    Praying hard for Mr. T to be seizure-free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the Christmas party was nice. I went to one this evening, too, for our mentally retarded and autistic clients and their parents.

    Prayers to you all that the seizures go away soon, or maybe are gone already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG: I love those guys in the sweaters - what great sports!

    You're in my thoughts and your hubs is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHOAH!!!!

    Check out those sweaters!!!!

    Please show us a piccie of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gaudy sweaters...I love that idea! What good sports, too.

    I hope those eight weeks bring good news.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome. What about that drink recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for Mr. B! It's always nice when the kiddies make something easier. Especially when it is something not-so-fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sweaters on the guys! I wore a holiday sweater to school yesterday. It was subtle as these things go, so I added Santa socks. Heeheehee...total dorkitude. Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saying prayers that Mr T will be seizure free!

    And those 'dirty snowballs' sound wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard that's a fun book. I'll have to see about it. It's YA, right?

    Oh, boys in holiday turtlenecks. Makes my stomach turn over for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.