Friday, December 19, 2008

listing, and not from the egg nog


Stolen--but who cares anymore because everyone else has been there and done that--it wouldn't surprise me at all if Snopes tells me this entire list is an Urban Legend. But it's snowing like a banshee and all 3 boys are home and all my originality got buried in a drift.

Things you've already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font

1. Started your own blog.

2.. Slept under the stars.

3. Played in a band - or musical.

4. Visited Hawaii.

5. Watched a meteor shower.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity.

7. Been to Disneyland/world - Both.

8. Climbed a mountain.

9. Held a praying mantis.

10. Sang a solo (in the shower).

11. Bungee jumped. No desire.

12. Visited Paris.

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. several

15. Adopted a child.

16. Had food poisoning. mildly.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.

18. Grown your own vegetables. duh.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.

20. Slept on an overnight train. between Switzerland and Paris--very uncomfortable as I was in a sleeping bag in the corridor.

21. Had a pillow fight.

22. Hitchhiked. and I've picked up hitchhikers--but not in years.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.

24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb.

26. Gone skinny dipping.

27. Run a Marathon.

28. Ridden a Gondola in Venice.

29. Seen a total eclipse.

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.

31. Hit a home run. Does it matter what league I played in?

32. Been on a cruise.

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.

35. Seen an Amish community.

36. Taught yourself a new language.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.

39. Gone rock climbing.

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David.

41. Sung karaoke. loudly, badly and sometimes drunkenly.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.

43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.

44. Visited Africa. Would like to see more, however.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.

46. Been transported in an ambulance.

47. Had your portrait painted.

48. Gone deep sea fishing.

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.

52. Kissed in the rain.

53. Played in the mud.

54. Gone to a drive-in theater. Every summer lately--lucky me!

55. Been in a movie.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China.

57. Started a business. I don't know if being a silent investor counts or not.

58. Taken a martial arts class. (I'm a brown belt! Squee!)

59. Visited Russia.

60. Served at a soup kitchen. I've donated time & goods, but never this way.

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.

62. Gone whale watching.

63. Gotten flowers for no reason.

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.

65. Gone sky diving. NFW.

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.

67. Bounced a check. I was young, in college, stop judging.

68. Flown in a helicopter.

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.

71. Eaten Caviar.

72. Pieced a quilt.

73. Stood in Times Square.

74. Toured the Everglades.

75. Been fired from a job.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.

77. Broken a bone.

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.

80. Published a book. One chapter in an academic book...but I wish for more.

81. Visited the Vatican.

82. Bought a brand new car. as part of a couple.

83. Walked in Jerusalem.

84. Had your picture in the newspaper.

85. Read the entire Bible. repeatedly

86. Visited the White House.

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Stood by and watched, though.

88. Had chickenpox.

89. Saved someone’s life.

90. Sat on a jury.

91. Met someone famous.

92. Joined a book club.

93. Lost a loved one.

94. Had a baby. Three.

95. Seen the Alamo in person.

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.

97. Been involved in a law suit.

98. Owned a cell phone.

99. Been stung by a bee
.

I do feel quite accomplished now.

19 comments:

  1. Wow! You've done a lot more than me. I better get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where in Africa? It's on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy #20. I slept on an overnight train when I lived in Russia. A girlfriend and I got a private compartment, and there is something about the rocking of the train that is so soothing... I recall it as being one of the better nights of sleep I've ever had.

    You should try that one again, but get a compartment! - MM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool list!
    I would LOVE to go to a drive in movie, but there aren't any around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No kidding, Girl. You should feel accomplished. I'm thinking I should get out more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome. I just love that meme. Such a good way to learn about someone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool list. You've done a lot. With three kids it's just a matter of time until you hold a praying mantis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Put me down for taking you to the top of the Eiffel Tower and the Venice Gondola ride. Now we just need funding, babysitters, world peace, but we'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I noticed Kaukauna was off. Appleburg had school, darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No kidding on #54. We don't even have any in the area. ;-b

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have adopted a child. It is wondrous. She is wondrous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun list. It makes me want to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here are my highlights from your list:

    I never wanted to: be in a movie (#35).

    Would like to: hold a praying mantis (#9) and see a lighting storm at sea (#13)

    I have: started my own business, Bridle Path Press (#57) and published my own book, Choke Creek (#80)

    The last things were done with a great deal of trepidation, but I'm glad I did them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to do more traveling.

    I've seen Old Faithful, but only because I put my foot down. We were just married and on a vacation with my husband's family, driving from CA to ND). My fil thought it was a waste of time to sit around and wait for Old Faithful as it had erupted just before we got there. I told them they could pick me up on the way back because I WAS going to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sang a solo in the shower! hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love reading these things.

    And you still have a drive-in? Wow! So cool! I'm flushed with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So are you going to fill in the rest now?

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1. Seriously, I think this meme was started by the Italian Tourism Bureau.

    2. Glad to see I'm not the only one who's been fired!

    3. I'll gladly take you up on that drive-in movie offer. Please just realize that I'm NOT that kind of girl! Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Slept on the floor of a moving train in a sleeping bag... that had to suck! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.