Tuesday, January 13, 2009

again she mentions Kung Fu Panda--wtf?

After filling all the gas tanks, bird feeders and compost heap I made sure the doors all sealed tight and the blinds got pulled to keep the frigid air out. Then I found my dream job online: Island Caretaker. Turns out I'm totally qualified and Mr. D told me to pack my bags. But he wouldn't let me bring Team Testosterone. The ultimate home schooling experience! What a kill joy.

I could adjust to this. I really could. Wear a swimsuit instead of sweaters full time? What hardship. But I'm willing...

We watched the Golden Globe Awards Sunday night and we were both surprised to learn that Mickey Rourke was still alive. And botoxed to the point of nearly bursting through his skin. I only watch movie award shows and each year I find I'm familiar with fewer and fewer films. You know you're lame when you've only seen Kung Fu Panda and The Dark Knight out of all the nominated films. It was nice to see Demi Moore looking fantastic. Still, I'd probably gotten as much pleasure watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. It's pretty messed up that I sit in bed at night watching Guy Fieri stuff his face with succulent looking food while I drool and feel hunger pangs. Guy has my other dream job--get paid to eat delicious food and go on road trip after road trip discovering gastronomic delights at each stop.


Can I get a "Yum!" here people?

20 comments:

  1. How very very very much alike we are. Only you have seen KFP and DK. Still haven't joined modern civilization with viewing those two yet.

    We luv us some Guy, and is one of the few shows we can stomach and watch together. I want his job. My husband wants his job and his car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I want that job too. As long as they have wireless there, which I believe they do, as blogging is part of the job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, that's the job for me. Sign me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Island Caretaker? Could so do that. And, even better than Guy's job--- Alton Brown's "Feasting on Waves" specials looked like the mother of all dream jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's take a Midwest cruise and stop for each meal at some diner/restaurant Guy has visited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Gosh....when you are an on the road food critic I'm SOOOOO joining you in that job. Getting paid to eat at restaurants is heaven, in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "...surprised to learn that Mickey Rourke was still alive..."

    *heehee!* You too, eh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's all fine and good, but then you'd have Guy's waistline -- and his hair (a bad combination for any eco-gal).

    Look, the upside here is that those island dwellers don't truly appreciate what they have. We're up here shivering, and they're reading your blog and talking over their shoulder to their spouse, saying "Honey, look at this! In Wisconsin, people wear boots!" Then thinking oh, what I wouldn't give to look good in a pair of boots... this bikini is so darned uncomfortable.

    ;) -MM

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have seen so few movies at the theater. Just saw 'Valkyrie' and liked it as we both love WWII history. It's just so much easier to sit in front of our big screen TV with tea & warm chocolate chip cookies, and a fire in the fireplace... plus I get a foot rub. Life doesn't get much better. We get 4 movies at a time from Netflix... but remember we're retired. I think we have seen every BBC movie and series made. We LOVE BBC!! We are 'lounge lizards'!

    I saw the island job listing on Yahoo this morning. It's so cold today that I had wonderful mental images of... the whole deal.

    I haven't X-country skiied in several years. I get shivers just thinking of the cold... although I was considering going out to make a snow angel because I only have dribble to post on my blog. Maybe I will.
    Happy days!
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to be so into movies and like you hadn't even heard of most of them nominated for GG's none the less actually seen them. I'll have to wait for them to come to Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Num! The Matron's tummy is growling JUST at that sandwich! That dream job looks pretty damn appealing. Especially to me because I am married to . . . A Realtor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where did you find the island caretaker job? Because I'll actually take it. (Seriously.): )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd be awake for DAYS after that sandwich. ;-)

    I want to caretake an island, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I think I've ONLY seen KFPanda. So you've got me beat by one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum-O! And yes, the island caretaker job looks mighty tempting right now - as long as it's not one of the Aleutians!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that sandwhich makes my stomach hurt.

    I bet you would miss your sweaters after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sandwich is DEFINITELY not on my diet!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.