Wednesday, February 4, 2009

take me out to the ballgame

The incomparable Violet (of Violet in the Middle fame) tagged me for the Fourth Photo Meme--and I confess I'm quite thrilled. I have NO idea what is in any numbered photo file, so the surprise was fun. Plus, things have been a little heavy this week and this meme provided a lovely break.

Above you see Photo #4 from Folder #4. That's Mr. G. Isn't he cute? (Collectively now: Awwwwwww!) We're at a baseball game on a balmy afternoon late last spring. Big Daddy helps coach the varsity team in our small town and every spring they get to play a game at the Timber Rattler Stadium (the local minor league team). Mr. T was bat boy and Mr. G and Mr. B and I sat behind third base with popcorn, hot dogs, lemonade and BLUE cotton candy (their mouths were blue for HOURS after the game). My sons got to sample seats around the entire stadium since it had mostly cleared out after the T-Rats finished their game. It was the first spring we'd all gone to watch a game without needing a diaper bag or a change of clothes or a stroller--probably the most relaxing day (other than some minor fighting). Our boys lost (disgracefully--against a team they should have beat) and the head coach almost got kicked out after protesting a call, but we cheered hard, ate too much ballpark food, and learned that you don't get to run the bases after the game at Timber Rattler Stadium. A fine day indeed.

It's One! Two! Three strikes! You're out! At the old ball game.

The Rules:
1. Go to the 4th picture folder on your computer.
2. Post the 4th picture in that folder.
3. Explain the picture.
4. Tag 4 more bloggers.

Tagged:
Colleen at Mommy Always Wins
Fannie at This Isn't What I Ordered
Kim Kasch at A Writer's Blog
Stacy Nyikos at Out There

Thanks, Violet--a shot of springtime is just what we needed around here!

11 comments:

  1. What a fun photo!

    Thanks for asking me to come out and play.

    I went to my folder and looked - I have this photo posted for Saturday, along with my additional tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like a ball park hot dog and beer about now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful! I love the blue cotton candy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue mouth! Sounds like a lovely day. I LOVE ballpark food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything that turns one's children's mouths blue is an instant winner around here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! At what age do we outgrow the fun of blue teeth? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pic so perfectly captures the spirit of the afternoon you described.

    I like this meme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea. Thanks for the burst of Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had something fun today after reading your last two posts. So sad for that mom and so sad for the girl who lies. Life is hard. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baseball is definitely the great American past time. That and cotton candy.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.