Monday, April 13, 2009

shoot

Who knew marshmallow shooters would require so much adult intervention? I've had to unjam sticky ammo several times again today! Nonetheless, Team Testosterone is loving their new weaponry and their blood sugar level is probably quite frightening. I expect they'll crash hard when they return to school Wednesday and can't reach for a miniature marshmallow every few minutes. Maybe I'll pack some in their backpacks just in case...

I tried a new seed company this year and it's been over 5 weeks since I placed my order. I'm still seedless and feeling miffed. How's a girl supposed to jump start her veg if she doesn't have her seeds? I've emailed their customer service division and hope to get to the root of this problem soon.

I again listened to Rick Steves talk about his trip to Iran on Minnesota Public Radio--great stuff if you have 40 minutes while you're scrubbing down a bathroom or cleaning windows. Informative and entertaining.

This afternoon's bottle rocket launch is to take place at 3:00--conditions are breezy and overcast. The crew is anxious and we've triple-checked both the balsa wood fins and the fuel (baking soda and vinegar)--we're ready for take off. I only have to charge the video camera battery because anything shooting 100 feet into the air deserves a place in the archives here.

Hope your Monday's a blast!

16 comments:

  1. Call me before the shoot and let me know if it's still happening. If Kitty's up from her nap, we'll so be there to see the neighborhood rocket go on it's maiden voyage.

    Does the rocket have a name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! My nephew has one of those marshmellow shooter things! my poor sister finds marshmellows EVERYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like all kinds of fun at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think waiting 'til marshmallows get good and stale before handing them over as ammo would help with recovery afterwards? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the name of that lousy seed company? *haha!* FIVE WEEKS is way too long to wait for seeds, man! I want to be sure and not order from them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is a whole lotta fun for one day! Can I come over??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it may be this pesty cold I have, but for some reason I cracked up when I read you were going to call the seed company and get to the "root" of the problem.

    Off to take more cold meds.... hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want a marshmallow shooter! I've bought them as gifts before, but not for my own kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never even SEEN a marshmallow shooter but I have a feeling my d-in-law would not thank me for getting some for the Grands....hmmmm....could be some good paybacks in there.

    Followup tomorrow, please, on the rocket launch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How funny! Todd took Sammy out rocket launching Saturday afternoon, and I just threw out a bag of hardened marshmallows I found in his dresser (Sam's, not my husbands! :)) He was hiding the extra ammunition from me for his marshmallow shooter. We must be living the same life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never heard of these. My boys would have adored them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am still hoping for something creamy and kahlua-y when you say marshmallow shooters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ours was more of a deflating balloon than a blast - came back from vacation - to reality :( maybe I need a marshmallow shooter

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope the blast went well. We went through a period of frequent take-offs around here for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My fam made marshmellow shooters about two months ago and everytime I go to the store I find on my list some little boys handwriting with the words, "more mini marshmellows".

    The wildlife in our area just love our house...between the little white treats and my compost heap...they eat like kings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clearly my son needs to hang out at your place. You seem to have ALL the fun!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.