Thursday, July 2, 2009

good news & stuff about Mr. G

* One of my dearest friends just got engaged (Congratulations, Kara! Ben's a lucky guy!)
* Had coffee with a "teen poet" who is an absolutely lovely gal--reminded me how much I miss teaching, and inspires me to seriously explore an idea I've been kicking around since spring.
* Walked around the trails last night and while lingering by the prairie (in bloom!) I met a baby skunk--we both backed away v-e-r-y slowly...
* Found one of our missing library books in one of the boys' hideouts. (Team Testosterone has more hideouts than all the Marvel and D.C. villains combined.)
* Mr. D's cousin & wife were supposed to be our house guests last night. They called at 6:30 to tell us they changed their mind and weren't coming. Ummm...dinner was waiting and their bed was made--I'd even picked a bouquet of flowers for their room. On a happy note dinner was ready and the upstairs bathroom finally got cleaned.
* After sleeping in his own bed for a MONTH without showing up next to mine, Mr. G woke me up at 3:00 to ask if he could "sleep in the sleeping bag next to your bed, Mom." At least he's not asking to get in bed with me. That's a debate I can do without in the middle of the night.
* Mr. G is fixated with the loose skin on the back of my left elbow. He'll pick at it with his fingers and can I tell you how weird that feels?
* He also tried to give up his training wheels yesterday. Voluntarily. After only being on a "big boy bike" since May.
* We're ordering his birthday cake today. He wants all the superheroes and bad guys on his cake--and Ben Ten (10?). Mrs. Landreman has her work cut out this time...

13 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the good news, but now I'm curious. What idea did the teen poet inspire in you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Lauren, what's this new inspiration?

    I can't believe how big Mr. G is getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a name like Kara, I'm sure they'll live happily ever after :)

    Plus skin on your elbow. . . wait til your son tells you your legs are beginning to look like cottage cheese and when you look hurt he says, "I'm just trying to help you."

    Help me what?

    "Get more exercise."

    Not that I'm complaining. I'm just saying. Elbows . . . it could be worse.

    And, yeah, what's the new idea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. G will need a mammoth size cake with all those good and bad guys on it.

    The manny did an awesome job on the patch...now I have to get my garden looking in as good of shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New idea? Curiosity piqued. Please post pictures of this Super Cake. It ought to be something to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sleeping bag idea. Hope you're all sleeping well in this nice cool summer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's gonna be a full birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My curiousity is piqued too . . . do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like all good news... especially not getting sprayed by the skunk :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finding missing library books is awesome! How strange about your houseguests canceling like that. I don't think Miss Manners would approve.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am interested to hear more sometime, about the "idea" you have been exploring lately...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boo to skunks and cancelled guests. Yay to all the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, at least it was a baby skunk! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.