* One of my dearest friends just got engaged (Congratulations, Kara! Ben's a lucky guy!)
* Had coffee with a "teen poet" who is an absolutely lovely gal--reminded me how much I miss teaching, and inspires me to seriously explore an idea I've been kicking around since spring.
* Walked around the trails last night and while lingering by the prairie (in bloom!) I met a baby skunk--we both backed away v-e-r-y slowly...
* Found one of our missing library books in one of the boys' hideouts. (Team Testosterone has more hideouts than all the Marvel and D.C. villains combined.)
* Mr. D's cousin & wife were supposed to be our house guests last night. They called at 6:30 to tell us they changed their mind and weren't coming. Ummm...dinner was waiting and their bed was made--I'd even picked a bouquet of flowers for their room. On a happy note dinner was ready and the upstairs bathroom finally got cleaned.
* After sleeping in his own bed for a MONTH without showing up next to mine, Mr. G woke me up at 3:00 to ask if he could "sleep in the sleeping bag next to your bed, Mom." At least he's not asking to get in bed with me. That's a debate I can do without in the middle of the night.
* Mr. G is fixated with the loose skin on the back of my left elbow. He'll pick at it with his fingers and can I tell you how weird that feels?
* He also tried to give up his training wheels yesterday. Voluntarily. After only being on a "big boy bike" since May.
* We're ordering his birthday cake today. He wants all the superheroes and bad guys on his cake--and Ben Ten (10?). Mrs. Landreman has her work cut out this time...