Thursday, July 23, 2009

putting the FU in "fun!"

I learned from yesterday's comments that my experiences with chewing gum aren't unique...Fawndear's takes the cake though. I'm laying bets that whoever invented chewing gum wasn't a mom. Or anyone who cleans up after other people.

Upstairs a battle has broken out between three brothers, one who is being the World's Biggest Whiny Baby, one who is irritated by the WBWB and screaming at him like Chef Ramsay on prime time television, and one who is wisely siding with the bigger and older brother of the two. That Mr. B, he's diplomatic because he really wants to play Hotel for Dinosaurs. And now? Now I am typing this with WBWB's ear piercing screams in my left ear while he exudes all nature of facial slobber from his eyes, mouth and nose. While Chef Ramsay Jr. continues his verbal tirade of abuse from above. If you don't stop crying I'm going to punch you in the head! And people think Hell's Kitchen is just some contrived reality TV.

So it's in this moment that I think of the thousands of lucky bloggers descending on Blogher this weekend and a bunch of my "real life" girlfriends who are headed to the Twin Cities for a weekend of urban frolicking. But I'm not complaining. I wouldn't have anything to wear anyway. Fun, like art, is subjective anyway, right?

12 comments:

  1. How would you appreciate time away if you didn't have to stay most of the time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - Blogher looks like so much fun - maybe next year we could all go and meet up. That would be such a great way to appreciate our time away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally subjective! I agree wholeheartedly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is actually quite funny when it's not your household and your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure, I thought I had the WBWB. Glad I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. N'ah. I'm sure they are hot and humid and totally miserable. Besides, think of the money you are saving staying home and not partying....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, we have a WBWB - Arizona Chapter at our house...and Chef Ramsay's understudy, too.

    Hang in there.

    Convention in Chicago, what? (I'm in denial.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi....I've seen your cute sneakers on your comments over at Saucy's and my friend Ms. Junipers blogs....I've been meaning to stop by forever!!!! Can't wait to take a peek around!!! ...oh, and you're not alone.....lots of bickering going on over here too!!!!....punctuated by bursts of x-box 360!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i keep thinking i want to go to blogher, then remember i am socially retarded and would probably either glue myself into the nearest corner or under the bar....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Madge, I'd rather be home with your screaming kids (since I have none of my own) than glue to a wall at BlogHer :-)
    Hang in there and enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't go to BlogHer, either. We'll pretend we had a virtual car pool from the Valley. I didn't write a BlogNot post this year; maybe I still should!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whenever I start hating my job I should remind myself of all the S%$T I'm missing out on at home! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.