Friday, July 10, 2009

i might carve our initials in the backs of those seats

We like movie night in our basement ever since Mr. D snagged a screen projector for the laptop. Our "big screen" is the white wall and the popcorn is hot from the Stir Crazy Corn Popper (none of that detestable microwave stuff for us, thanks). So imagine my delight when trolling Habitat ReStore for some lumber yesterday and coming upon these:
I snagged 4 old-school (literally, I learned from the man who helped me load them into the Momvan that they came from the high school I used to teach at!) auditorium seats for $20.00. Gleeful, I hauled my find back to the house where Slugger helped me carry them to the basement (making him take the steps backwards because I'm a mean BossLady like that) and voila! Movie night will never be the same.

Mr. D helpfully pointed out that we're a family of five and only have four seats now. I helpfully pointed out that I bought all the seats they had in the store and pfft, the couch counts, so there. I luff that Habitat ReStore. Except for the part where they didn't have the lumber I wanted...

And today I get to haul Bachelors #2 and #3 two hours north to pick up Bachelor #1 from camp. This is the last I saw of him:

That flash of orange is his shorts--he's headed for his cabin and counselor. I cannot wait to hear about the awesomeness of camp. I could do without 4 hours in the Momvan, however.

18 comments:

  1. Love the seats! We got our eight free after an old theater was being demolished. Pete has also built a platform so that we have two rows of four, with second row elevated a bit. The entire thing is on casters, so we can move it out of the way if we need to. Let me know if you want photos.

    Also, you really need to THOROUGHLY clean the seats before you use them. Trust me on this one. We spent 30 minutes prying off gum, followed by an hour scrubbing every nook and cranny (including with toothbrushes), and then we steam-cleaned the fabric twice and let it dry in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool are those seats! Sounds like you and your family are having a great summer all round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've got one of those popcorn poppers too. completely gave up the microwave stuff... love the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see that Mr. T didn't look back when he was barrelling towards the cabin....I hope he had a great time and I can't wait to hear the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. $20??? that's a steal!!

    PS: I sent you an invitation to read my blog since I made it private. If you didn't get it, feel free to email me at thetravelingchica@gmail.com and I can send it to a different address.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are a fantastic find. Good spot.

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on my way. Can we have a viewing of Lord of the Rings? Or maybe one of the Harry Potter films?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take fresh butter on mine and throw one of the bachelors on the couch so I get one of those WAY COOL chairs--a STEAL!

    Hope the camper was happy~

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! You hit the jackpot! Movie viewing at your place will never be the same.

    Love the pic of the cabin. My in-laws used to have one very similar looking to this one, up at Lake Arbutus at Hatfield, above Black River Falls. Our family spent a lot of time there over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so lucky!!!! Love those seats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those seats are fabulous!!!!! Make some popcorn and enjoy the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the seats and that they were from the school you used to teach at. That's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How perfect! Those seats are such a great find!
    Good luck on the car ride. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I covet those seats, woman! COVET THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.