Tuesday, August 25, 2009

go fish!

Well, in the sense of drawing a new card, that is. Thunderstorms have us hunkered down while the fish in the lake wait for us to catch them. Thank goodness we have five bags of junk food to tide us over until the storms pass. And internet access...

But the lake is huge and lovely and I watched osprey eagles nose dive for their dinner while Team Testosterone swam. And I watched the sun set while sitting by our little fire pit overlooking the lake.

Not a bad start.

15 comments:

  1. A rainy day at the lake is still much better than any day at work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't played that in awhile. I used to love that game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooohhhh how I'd love to live on a lake.....you lucky girl you!! Enjoy every minute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every once in a while a card day is a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds lovely. We don't get to see many thunderstorms, here in the valley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh. Deep sigh of pleasure, imagining the sunrise over the campfire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A rainy day at the lake means you cannot possibly take the opportunity to do any nagging chores at home. Score.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Jen on the Edge...because I am back at work today. YUCK
    Have a great vacation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds peaceful, storm or no storm. I'm sure your family will never forget these experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man...I wanna be where you are. Not in a creepy, Single White Female, sort of way - but like with my own family at a lake, sort of way. hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds lovely. Wish I was there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm left feeling that five bags isn't nearly enough. Mentally, I send you Cheez-Its and corn chips right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you're having a good time. I used to love a rummy card game, but can't remember the rules now.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.