Wednesday, September 23, 2009

risky business

My class reunion is this weekend and since Mrs. G over at the Women's Colony invited us to take a risk with her this September I vowed to break with my grand tradition of avoiding my past (for 2 decades) by showing up. I'm quite content with who I am and where I am in life (losing 4 pounds through candidate training is icing on that cake) so I'm ready to go back--something I'm loath to do since I'm a girl wired to look ahead.

The whole idea of a reunion smacks of sentimentality and schlotz, but it got me thinking about who I was as a teenager (a truly despicable human being). But instead of laying it out there in black and white (large Times New Roman font), we'll play a little game called Two Truths and a Lie. I'm going to write 3 sentences, 2 fact, one fictitious, and you can guess which statement is total B.S.

1. I was a National Honor Society student, with cords to wear at graduation and a stunning GPS.

2. I served many hours of detention for skipping classes.

3. Physics, Sewing II and Trigonometry were my toughest classes.

And Sarah? You don't get to play this game, sorry!

12 comments:

  1. I'm going to guess that #3 is fiction.

    I don't think high GPA and skipping classes are incompatible...

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I wanna play....

    Come on..I have gone to all class reunions and I am more than 4 pounds heavier than I was 20 years ago..and I LUV them.

    See you Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2! You never skipped a class...
    ...
    ...
    ... ... did you?? *heehee!*

    * ; D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have to say #2 must be the BS one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By GPS, do you mean GPA (grade point average)? Or did you really have a kick-ass 20th century GPS at your graduation?

    I'm guessing #2 is the lie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must set the record straight.. Our GG did have a great HS time--she might not think that -she had a GREAT boyfriend and she had a super prom date. Actually the guy I would have like to date.
    Plus, she has roles in the HS musical.
    And I give her big kudos for coming on Saturday. - We are having dinner and drinks first- I'll let all her readers know how much fun she had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 is wrong?! I'm choosing that one cuz one of my best friends loves the out of doors and, and sewing/crocheting(sp?!) seem to go hand in hand with that.
    I don't want to go to any reunions either! I've seen a few people since high school, and with the exception of ONE, I talk to them and hear in my head, "OH YEAH! NOW I remember why I didn't talk to you back then." :)
    Same thing with Facebook-I had one of those Facebook accounts and it was just a few REAL friends, and the rest a bunch of people I didn't care to speak with who could look at all my pics and view my relationship status. That site is just a way to metaphorically stalk people in my opinion. I'm still in contact with all the people I want to be in contact with-AND- I regret some of the people I hung around with in high school. If future me could go back and do it again, I'd say, "Screw you guys, I'm gonna go hang with Kaylynn and Cora."! My "friends" in high school were very judgmental and...kind of brought me down...
    AND-about ur response to my last comment--YOU'RE 5'3"?!!! ME TOO!!!!!! My sister is 5'9"-I always thought I'd get taller, but I stopped growing in 8th grade. Maybe I didn't eat enough veggies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to buck the trend and guess that #1 is the lie.

    Also? Physics, Sewing, and Trig would have been my hardest classes, too...if I even took them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm saying #2 is false.

    And details and pics and live blogging from the reunion, please!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.