Which leads me to a short list of things I enjoy (besides a huge wave of relief):
* That blogging temptress Jen on the Edge has me hooked on these sweet, crunchy, wonderous chocolates.
* I adore Peyton Manning. I wish he was my neighbor. He comes across as funny, personable and so darn nice and scandal-free. Exactly the kind of sports hero I want my sons to hang posters of in their room. Whenever I see him on TV, I have to stop and watch.
* My weekly writing class--I forgot how much fun it is to dissect a poem, appreciate the layers within it, escort a student through the meaning, form, format and richness of language. Yesterday S asked me how he might improve on his personification poem--it was a pleasure to demonstrate how attention to assonance and alliteration could bring his lines to life. We're working on meter next week.
* Finding poems for class has been lovely, too. I rediscovered this little gem the other day:
The Word Plum by Helen Chasin
The word plum is delicious
pout and push, luxury of
self-love, and savoring murmur
full in the mouth and falling
pierced, bitten, provoked into
juice, and tart flesh
and reply, lip and tongue
* Penny Lane's blog is full of cupcakes and quirkiness, fabulous fashion and funny insights. Clicking to her always guarantees me a few moments of enjoyment. The images, her enthusiasm for life--her cat, her adoration of Katy Perry, all things with a French twist are plain FUN. She generously gave me this award a month ago, thank you Pen Pen.
Spill it, reader, what's your enjoyment these days?
And I cannot help myself, I must leave you with this: