Monday, November 2, 2009

behold! the ssssssnake!


Dracula, one ONE-headed snake (a king cobra, to be totally accurate) and a Bone Dude.
Apparently Mr. G was saving his snake costume for Halloween. It never slid off, most people guessed he was a snake (except for one family who thought he was a fish). Some black face paint and a dab of white for fangs topped him off just fine. He had excellent range of motion, was warm enough and the satiny fabric slid behind him without any snags.



The long view from behind my little cobra.
The verdict? Not bad for a woman with no sewing machine and blessed little skill. If I hadn't had Mr. B's birthday party I might've attempted the other two heads on that snake costume, but all's well that ends well.

15 comments:

  1. Great job! Not bad at all! Hope you had a great Halloween. I am still stealing my daughter's candy, she did so well on her collections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent cosutmes! I wouldn't have known where to begin with a snake costume - guess its good that fangs work for multiple things at Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm impressed. You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. Looks like fun was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh. Very snakey.

    I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! So very cool. I have great respect for anyone who can put fabric together and make it look like something. Anything. You're stellar Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an awesome costume, second only to the year I dressed up as Liberace's metronome (it involved big boxes and glitter).

    Good job, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cool! Great costume! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go girl!!!!!!!! He'll remember it always!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the snake costume! That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.