Thursday, November 26, 2009

part IV--people


I'm at my mother-in-law's where I can shower, flush, rinse and spit freely down the drain. What I love best about Thanksgiving isn't the turkey or the pie or the parade on TV (which would be a parade on the street if I lived in NYC) or the football or the sweet potatoes (though they come in a close second). The best part about Thanksgiving, besides the giving thanks bit, is the gathering together. The connection to people you love and people who love you back, flaws, foibles and all.

Part IV--People for whom I am thankful:

1. Mr. D who supports me and listens to me and is always loyal
2. Mr. T, gorgeous, funny, imaginative son
3. Mr. B, charismatic, loving, creative son
4. Mr. G, energetic, silly, clever son
5. Sarah, bff
6. Marni my awesome writing partner
7. Lauren my fabulous writing partner
8. Mariana my sensational writing partner
9. Nina my fantastic writing partner
10. Alice my dear friend and surrogate grandmother for my sons
11. Mr. O who pushes me
12. Liz, Pam & Diane who make karate kick butt
13. Amanda, who keeps me on task every month
14. The Bumble Book Club, the most awesome book club evah
15. Nicole, Kara, Mary, Maggie, Stacy, Cindy & Kari who have been my friends for so long and are part of all the rituals that sustain me
16. Laura, who has come so far
17. Ruth, wise counsel and encouraging mentor
18. Jayne, who can be counted on for laughs, eggs, cups of sugar, books and gardening advice
19. The H family, our best friends for any occasion
20. YOU, my bloggy friend, whether you leave a comment or write a clever post. My fellow bloggers enrich my life with humor and wisdom, good discussion and mutual support.

Happy Thanksgiving!

12 comments:

  1. I'm teary! I made the list! I am so thankful for you too, neighbor friend! It's good to know we have such friendly, caring neighbors in our backyard.

    (esp. ones with sons who will protect kitty when Kindergarden and Prom roll around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just running down a similar mental list myself. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. You really nailed it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back at ya!
    Happy Turkey Day..remember as you are sitting at you MIL's..I am sitting on my couch--without my MIL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful that it was, at least, YOUR team that beat the turkey out of us today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these last few posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A list like this is humbling. We're so lucky. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! Happy Thanksgiving! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely list. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of gratitude!
    (You've probably covered all the bases.)

    Hope your day was great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Right back atcha! Hope your Thanksgiving was tasty and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy thanksgiving! it's always lovely when the people you spend thanksgiving with are also the people you must want to see.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.