Monday, December 28, 2009

while taking out the compost yesterday morning

The Queen Anne's Lace was white again!


My coneflowers were wearing little caps of snow.

The trees were flocked! (I hear city folks pay big money to make their trees look just like this for Christmas.)
I think few things are prettier than pine needles dusted with snow.


Snow even makes last season's goldenrod look pretty.


Rabbit tracks were everywhere.


Birds sang and flitted around the trees and bushes. They were too fast for my camera.

They were pretty, though. I dumped the compost onto the frozen heap and tramped across the rabbit tracks back towards my cozy house feeling good about the day.

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Our snow has reached the not-so-pretty phase and now I'm ready for it to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Now that we've had snow, I'm ready for spring and sunshine and warmth again. Who's with me?! :D
    Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother Nature sure has a way of doing that doesn't she? Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sitting here at my window watching the little icy-looking pellets rain down on everything. Glad I'm warm. Not so carefree about Shortman taking my car up to the ski hill in it, though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. there are few things prettier than fresh snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm thinking we have nothing to complain about...snow-wise. Still, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My compost bucket is overflowing but I'm too lazy to tramp through the snow to the bin. Want to come over? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are STILL wishing for snow. We keep just missing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rabbits tracks! We have them here, too. When we used to keep our bunnies outside in the warmer weather, we saw rabbit tracks hopping up to their hutch, and then away from it. We imagined the wild bunny thinking, "Gee, where did they go? I hope they're okay."

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you have that perspective on winter ~ I for one do not. Bring on the high temps and sun.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.