Tuesday, January 19, 2010

killing time

The doctor's office hasn't called. I'm using this as an opporuntity to practice my patience.

Patient people finish knitting projects.


Don't these make you think of Andes mint candies? I wish I had prettier hands to model these. I'm going to make another pair in grey and red, hopefully without mistakes this time. I made up the pattern and they fit nice and snug, but not tight. Mr. G took these photos--they don't look anything like the lovely pictures on Etsy--I'm guessing the folks at Etsy don't use 5-year-old photographers. Oh yeah, that's because 2/3 of the people on Etsy are photographers!


Mr. G and I played a lot of games this morning. He beat me at Cootie and Guess Who. Here he is being all "Mr. Braggy-McBraggy Pants" with his winning bug.


He got his basketball jersey Saturday and has not taken it off since because he loves it that much. Today his friend Matthew is going to wear his to school, so he has to wear it again today. Mr. G is mad for basketball. Both he and Mr. B joined the 8-week Saturday mornning YMCA program, conveniently run at the school next door.
I smoked Mr. G on Memory Match, which never happens. Then we bought Mr. T a pair of wrestling shoes at Play it Again Sports for his 8-week program that starts next week, picked up Mr. D's pants at the drycleaner's and swung by our favorite locally owned & operated organic food store.

I pruned 5 trees, cleaned the kitchen, made blueberry muffins, put away the remaining holiday decorations and filled out paperwork for Mr. T's Boy Scout camp this summer. The phone still has not rung. A Haitian man featured on NPR this morning has been waiting a week for someone to take care of his injuries and feed him and clean him.

I can be patient.

22 comments:

  1. Your knitting looks fine...why not make mittins? I couldn't tell if you used 2 needles or 3 needles..
    The news will come soon and I hope it is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I can barely knit a scarf, making your own pattern really impresses me.

    I've recently been developing a bit more patience myself--it's hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice mitts! I used to love knitting, but now it seems that I start a project and then never finish it :(

    Patience is a hard thing....I know I sure don't have any!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...very productive day whilst killing time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl did you get a lot done. Chee Hoo for you!

    hose are so awesome. I just love them....and those are darn good pictures!

    Did they say when you should have the results? I have no patience for waiting on test results. If they say they will have them on a particular day. I call to remind them that I am anxiously awaiting their call. It always gets me my results.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl did you get a lot done. Chee Hoo for you!

    hose are so awesome. I just love them....and those are darn good pictures!

    Did they say when you should have the results? I have no patience for waiting on test results. If they say they will have them on a particular day. I call to remind them that I am anxiously awaiting their call. It always gets me my results.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fingerless gloves! Hopefully you hear back from the doctor soon and with good results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Haiti stuff really puts things in perspective.

    Good luck with the patience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those fingerless mitts! They're so handy keeping your wrists warm when you're typing on the computer. I think they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazingly productive. I understand the need to keep moving; waiting for that phone to ring makes me hyper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you posted the second picture. I wasn't getting the Andes candies at first. Much better. I could use a pair of those. I wear gloves with half fingers at work and they regularly make fun of me.

    I have no patience when it is medical. We'll just say a little prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those fingerless gloves.

    Still have my fingers X'd for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I could accomplish that much in a day! You're like Wonder Woman.

    I want to learn to knit. Maybe I'll get around to it this year. In the photo the Andes-mint green looks like it could be used for bike reflectors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Breathe deeply. That's the only patience advice I have. Not that it works on this girl, you understand. But I feel for you.

    Great pattern! I'm working my first striped scarf...blue and gray. It does have a calming affect...of sorts. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the fingerless knitted gloves. Look at you getting all crafty! At least your sewing is useful...unlike those of us with a houseful of garlands. Cuckoo! Cuckoo! Ich bin loony-tunes!

    PS-I am the Memory Match Master. For reals.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those gloves are really cute! They do kind of remind me of Andes mints.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't Etsy wonderful? Way too much to choose from.

    Great gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh patience. I have no patience for it.
    Seriously, I wish I could be a more patient person. But look at all you've gotten done while you wait! Impressive.
    I hope the call came with good news. I've been thinking about your boy.

    And your knitting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thinking about you while you wait for news. . .

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to know what knitting pattern you use for mittens. I haven't found a good one, and don't have the innate knitting sense required to make my own.

    I'm sorry the medical professionals you're waiting for haven't had the good sense to call yet. Not that I'm a blamer... nope. not me. [mutters something crotchety but indecipherable...]

    BTW, thanks for enabling me in my holiday take-down procrastination. I hope you weren't being sarcastic (but I did notice you mentioned the *last* of your decorations coming down.... Perhaps I should begin soon?)

    I'll be watching for an update on your little guy. Keep a good thought.

    - Julia

    ReplyDelete
  21. How can you be patient? I'm on pins and needles over here and it's not my child! Sending good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haiti really has a way of putting things in perspective, doesn't it?

    At least you are getting so much done! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.