Monday, February 1, 2010

many photos & a fabulous winner

It's been quite the week here. Let's start with this newspaper headline from our local paper:

And people think nothing exciting happens in the country! That took place less than 2 miles from our house.

There was the most gorgeous full moon shining against a few wispy clouds Saturday night. Made me wish I was a real photographer.


We had play dates and parties, play doh and even a Nerf War this weekend.


I put out the few Valentine's Day decorations we have. A few years ago the boys and I made this for our table:

I introduced the boys to The Jetsons this weekend, too. Over breakfast Sunday before church they asked me what I thought the future would be like when I was a little girl. I told them I figured for sure we'd be walking around in cool silver space jumpsuits by the year 2010 and flying around in our own personal space crafts. Robots would do our housework and meals would practically prepare themselves. I was heavily influenced by The Jetsons it turns out--I told them so and they said, "Who?" Well, thank goodness for the Internet--and I can tell you I had NO idea the importance computers would play in the future. I could get my kids hooked on watching my childhood favorites--commercial free no less! (I've got to see if I can watch Gidget online now!) In an interesting side note, in the second episode we watched, George was telling Jane about the Brand new 3D television sets just coming out. The Jetsons was more apt at predicting life in the future than I'd remembered!



Mr. T helped me impartially pick a winner for the First Fabulous. We got the big mixing bowl out and he tossed around all the paper scraps with names written on them.

The First Fabulous Winner is Jenn from Perspective Required!


Congratulations, Jenn!

Jenn's got a daughter who reads in as crazy positions as Jen on the Edge's daughter, so I'm confident she'll give Barrie Summy's I So Don't Do Spooky a good home.

19 comments:

  1. I LOVED the Jetsons when I was a kid.

    I remembered that Astro said Ruht-Ro way before Scooby-Do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jen!

    And, I love homemade decorations.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how i loved the jetson's. if only i could cook dinner the way mr. jetson did....

    ReplyDelete
  4. His boy Elroy.
    I just loved the Jetsons. I still do. And I love getting my kids hooked on my old faves. I had to buy my Sam a whole set of Hogan's Heroes DVDs for Christmas. And we watch Bewitched every night after dinner.

    Congrats to Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're so excited to have won the book! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Jenn!

    I loved the Jetsons when I was a kid.

    That is a seriously awesome newspaper headline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Jenn!

    I loved the Jetsons when I was a kid.

    That is a seriously awesome newspaper headline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Five foot high at the shoulder! That is serious laaaarge. Poor old steer, he must have been scared and confused.

    We've been indoctrinating the boys into old TV shows, too. I think tyey are more amused watching US than the computer screen! Sesame Street still makes us giggle. "Me And My Llama!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Jetsons were definitely THE cartoon.

    Congrats to Jenn--the book is going to a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've NEVER gotton a good full moon pic - yours is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You gotta love small town life...what's that book?...Nothing Ever Happens on My Street?

    Jestson's are a staple in our house...although I did nab a Super Friends dvd set at Target---they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwwh....I totally forgot about the Jetsons! I totally wanted one of those little spaceships when I grew up.....guess we don't have those yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now you need to take them to Seattle to compare the Space Needle with the Jetsons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures. I really liked the Jetsons too! Congrats to the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The police had to shoot him dead. You mean, they didn't just knee cap him? hehe

    Oh, how I loved the Jetsons. When I was in 7th grade art class, we were all told to draw what the year 2000 would be like. Of course, flying cars played a big role in my masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I loved Rosie the maid. Now I think I need to get my Paco watching The Jetsons.

    And I'll come over for Gidget. Can we dance when she does?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good day, sun shines!
    There have were times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
    I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
    Nowadays, I feel good, I started to get real income.
    It's all about how to select a correct companion who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

    You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  18. So after the steer incident and the steer's demise, was there an ad on the next page for a local restaurant having a steak dinner special? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that your little men craft with you. And I wonder if perhaps the geniuses coming up with new products like the 3D t.v. were perhaps equally influenced by Jetson Tech?

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.