Tuesday, March 30, 2010

40 things today

for Hotfessional

  1. Do you like bleu cheese? in small doses. I'm from Wisconsin, there is no cheese I won't eat.
  2. Have you ever smoked? about 4 cigarettes in college (hangs head in shame).
  3. Do you own a gun? super soaker & glue gun. the heavy artillery belongs to D.
  4. Favorite type of food? Italian.
  5. Favorite type of music? classical.
  6. What do you think of hot dogs? delicious hot off the grill.
  7. Favorite Christmas movie? It's A Wonderful Life (sniff).
  8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? coffee with cream.
  9. Can you do push ups? hell to the yes--and a good many of them.
  10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? silver earrings.
  11. Favorite hobby? reading.
  12. Do you have A. D. D.? probably.
  13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? no.
  14. Middle name? Kim.
  15. Name three thoughts at this exact moment: Ben 10 is loud. I can't wait to go outside. My coffee is cold now.
  16. Name three drinks you regularly drink: water, coffee and beer.
  17. Current worry? we're suffocating our planet with plastic.
  18. Current hate right now? divisive, hate-mongering people who have selfish agendas.
  19. Favorite place to be? in the pool with my family.
  20. How did you bring in the new year? asleep in my bed.
  21. Someplace you’d like to go? Greece.
  22. Name three people who will complete this. I'm not tagging anyone, so who knows?
  23. Do you own slippers? yes.
  24. What color shirt are you wearing? brown.
  25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? not really.
  26. Can you whistle? yes, and I do every day.
  27. Where are you now? in my library at my new desk.
  28. Would you be a pirate? yes.
  29. What songs do you sing in the shower? jazz standards--"Can't Give You Anything But Love," "Paper Moon," "I Love You (For Sentimental Reasons)."
  30. Favorite Girl’s Name? Bridget.
  31. Favorite boy’s name? Edward (shut up, I liked it before Stephanie Meyers even thought about writing a book, which I've incidentally never read).
  32. What is in your pocket right now? crumpled candy wrapper.
  33. Last thing that made you laugh? Mr. G yelling at me when the phone rang earlier and I ran past yelling "I've got it! I've got it!" and he screamed "I know!"
  34. What vehicle do you drive? dented tan MomVan.
  35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I took nosedive off the front of my ten-speed and ended up in the hospital for 3 days with a concussion, missing teeth and extreme face wounds.
  36. Do you love where you live? yes. I am so blessed.
  37. How many TVs do you have in your house? three.
  38. How many computers do you have in your house two.
  39. If you changed your job, what would it be? journalist.
  40. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?? Mr. T to be healthy (seizure and dyslexia-free), my books to get published to great acclaim and a hefty tax levied on all plastic resulting in an all-out ban on it's production and use.
I'm not tagging anyone, but if you're so inclined, I'll read your 40 things!

13 comments:

  1. Love the phone thing---only in a house of boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at the Ben 10 comment, am glad you have a new desk, applaud your vehemence about plastic,

    and now want some blue cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you about the plastic. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these things. It's like eavesdropping or speed dating(?, no firsthand experience though...) Maybe I'll tag along...
    Happy Easter by the wai!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know, I why didn't I know you Middle name was Kim?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You did so good, too. Bike wrecks are the worst. There was a definite reason I had the nickname "Crash" during my year at Michigan State.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's go to Greece!!!!! That's my dream destination too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - 40? That's a lot of thinking. It is spring break, and my brain is on vacation.
    Plastic? How is it that our society ever thought this was a good idea? (and I'm NOT blaming Dustin Hoffman)

    ReplyDelete
  9. More fun to read yours than to write my own - I "sew" love the glue gun ;) very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love love the name Edward, and not because of the creepy looking vampire. (I'm Team Jacob in terms of hot-ness).

    I also LOVE the sound of Eddie V....but Farmer's not a fan. I think it's the perfect name for an athlete, right?

    like our kids will be athletes...short, skinny, braces and glasses....his genetics are chalking him up for failure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.