The circus was pretty fun--we all sat goggle-eyed watching the feats of derring-do and AMAZING spectacles of COURAGE and ARTISTRY. While there I learned the answers to several pressing questions:
* Circuses bother the animal rights and PETA folks, as evidenced by peaceful protesters carrying signs and passing out pamphlets outside the arena. I noticed a couple of them wore leather jackets.
* Sammy Hagar has resurfaced working with tigers at the circus. For real. That, or his doppleganger performs "Rage in the Cage" topless with tiger-striped spandex pants to heavy metal music.
* Cha Cha has long wondered who buys clothes from Fredrick's of Hollywood. I now know: circus women. This photo of ankle boots confirmed any suspicions lingering after the first act.
* Unfortunately, my body cannot do this sort of trick. This woman's body can, however.
* Clowns with trained dogs still make grown ups laugh.
* Circuses result in sticky children.
* The circus is as impressive when you're pushing 40 as when you're pushing 10. Every awesome thing I remembered from childhood was just as huge and fantastic.
* I still believe the circus life would be a great adventure, but I still can't bring myself to run away and join one.
Now I'm off to Saucy's to read her recap of the Oscars! (I have to know if she agrees with our commentary from last night.)