Monday, March 8, 2010

answers to burning questions

The circus was pretty fun--we all sat goggle-eyed watching the feats of derring-do and AMAZING spectacles of COURAGE and ARTISTRY. While there I learned the answers to several pressing questions:

* Circuses bother the animal rights and PETA folks, as evidenced by peaceful protesters carrying signs and passing out pamphlets outside the arena. I noticed a couple of them wore leather jackets.

* Sammy Hagar has resurfaced working with tigers at the circus. For real. That, or his doppleganger performs "Rage in the Cage" topless with tiger-striped spandex pants to heavy metal music.

* Cha Cha has long wondered who buys clothes from Fredrick's of Hollywood. I now know: circus women. This photo of ankle boots confirmed any suspicions lingering after the first act.


* Unfortunately, my body cannot do this sort of trick. This woman's body can, however.


* Clowns with trained dogs still make grown ups laugh.


* Circuses result in sticky children.


* The circus is as impressive when you're pushing 40 as when you're pushing 10. Every awesome thing I remembered from childhood was just as huge and fantastic.

* I still believe the circus life would be a great adventure, but I still can't bring myself to run away and join one.

Now I'm off to Saucy's to read her recap of the Oscars! (I have to know if she agrees with our commentary from last night.)

12 comments:

  1. My girls love the circus, but the older one does not enjoy the animal acts because they make her sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty funny that some of the protesters wore leather coats. I enjoy hypocracy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had fun! And took in some pink ankle boots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Leather jacketed animal rights activists, fredrick's wearing carnies....sounds like a fun time! Picketers crack me up! My fav was a union picketing the new taco hell...holding their signs in one hand and their plastic taco bell cups in the other!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. our kids haven't ever been to the circus.....funny huh?......i guess i wasn't that impressed when i was a kid.......and your fredrick's of hollywood comment is hilarious (and sooo true)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had such a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tooooooooo funny!!! I love the comment about the ankle boots and circus people buying their clothes from Fredericks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We loved the circus when the kids were younger - haven't gone in a few years. Brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had fun. I haven't been to a circus in nearly 20 years, but I remember there being protesters outside back then too. Everyone needs a hobby, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sticky kids are always a sign that a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to the circus last spring and had a wonderful time - I was as wide-eyed as the 7-year-olds in front of me!

    Rage in the Cage is the perfect place for Sammy, assuming he still has the sharpened fangs.

    Now I know what I will do if the Change My Life plan doesn't work out - run away to the circus and fulfill a life-long dream of wearing shoes from Fredrick's! There is something so satisfyingly tacky/sexy about them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you read Water for Elephants? Great circus story.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.