Ever wonder if your readers will get it? Want feedback on something you’ve written? Send up to 500 words of your writing to greengirlinwisconsin(at)gmail(dot)com. We’ll post it here, and you can find out if you’ve hooked us!Test the waters, my writing friends. I'll post your writing and you'll get some helpful and honest feedback on your work.
Speaking of writing, my muse has been AWOL, making the completion of my manuscript a grueling and lonesome task. It sure doesn't help that I'll use any excuse to put it aside. Volunteer to help at the boys' school. Rake the yard. Clean out a closet. Make lists of garden chores. Bake cookies. I'm in a flumpy-shlunk of a funk.
But I'm giving away this gorgeous necklace by Saucy and that makes me happy. (How can you win? Leave a comment--I'll pick a lucky winner this Sunday!)
Chin up, buttercup! Five other things that make me happy:
1. My Cubbies who are so darn cute--especially this one little guy with a white-blonde buzz cut who tells me every week, "I love you!" and last night said, "Can I come over to your house? If your son doesn't pick up toys, I'll pick them up." (Yes, I use Team Testosterone as a frequent teaching tool during the lesson.)
2. My Cubbie table leaders are awesome, stepping up and taking over and running our room like a well-oiled machine. We have almost NO discipline problems or logistical issues because of their faithfulness and consistency.
3. Hearing all the people marveling at the quiet and fresh air outside Happyland Elementary at the end of the school day. No one misses the bus exhaust.
4. Finding this bistro set in Gardener's Supply. I've been hunting for the perfect set for my front porch for years. This matches the paint on our front door and is exactly the style I've wanted to find!
5. Playing catch outside with Mr. G and pushing him on the swing every morning this week. This fair March weather is a real treat and we're both loving it.
Spill it, reader. What makes you happy?