Wednesday, April 7, 2010

bedtime surprise(s)

Aw, you guys are great. Pumping up my ego when I get a little whiny. I printed out your comments to read when I feel a little down. I title them "Chicken Soup for the Whiny Blogger's Soul."

Speaking of soup, the split pea soup turned out good and my house smells pretty fantastic still.

Then, at the end of a very long day, I got ready for bed and noticed a brown lump by my pillow. I half-smiled when I saw another brown lump by Mr. D's pillow. Those funny kids--putting out some Easter chocolates on our pillows to make it seem like a fancy hotel! I leaned in to reach for mine and stopped short with a sharp gasp. No! I ran to the bathroom and grabbed a fistful of toilet paper. Damn that cat!

Friday at the vet we learned that her wounded tail has affected her colon muscles so she's having "issues." It's not behavioral, it's not her fault, but ...

POOP ON MY BED?!?

Two big turds, one by each of our pillows?

The comforter came off and since it's king-sized, I get to take it to the laundromat tomorrow. I changed the pillow cases. I rationalized that the cat had been shut up in our room since she was hiding from Team Testosterone and their afternoon play date buddy. I grit my teeth and got comfortable for the night, resolving to treat the creature with kindness when I next saw her.

Two minutes later she jumped up on top of me with a friendly "Meow!"

You bet she spent the night in the basement.


22 comments:

  1. Another reason why I dont' like cats. That is WAY yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eewwwwwww...the joys of pet ownership ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness!!! I would have freaked! I don't think I'd be able to be nice to the pillow pooper! Too coincidental to have it on each pillow if you ask me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my kitties, but sometimes, not so much.

    My parents have beloved kitties too. Years ago my dad had a triple bypass - had his chest cut wide open then closed with wires and staples. He was lying in the bed and one of the cats jumped from the top of the curtains square onto daddy's chest.

    A stunning occurance for all. The cat did live to jump another day, but I'm not sure how.

    ReplyDelete
  5. another reason I don't like cats.....

    ICK.

    sickness or no, that cat would have been booted out the next door into the yard/garage/garden/wherever it landed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ew. Nasty. It just cannot make that much difference whether the offense was intentional, behavioral, or a true oopsie when there is poo on your pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. w/e cat h8rs. dogs do it too.

    hope Violet is feeling better soon, Greenie...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really trying to not laugh! It's gross, but take yourself out of it and it's funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ick! I woke up the other night to the sound of my dog throwing up on my much-loved, last year's Christmas present throw. Gak!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh HONK! And this post wins the award for bringing on gag reflux. And I'm off to go wash out my mouth. So glad it wasn't my pillow. (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, poor kitty. But I had to laugh at thinking they were Easter chocolates at first.

    Look on the bright side. At least you cat didn't poop on the cookie jar. I had one do that once. Yeah, on the cookie jar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reason #714 why I don't have cats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Either that or the kitty is really, really mad at you.

    A bunny peed near my pillow after we'd been gone for several days. It was like saying, "Did you have fun? Well, I didn't!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. I yiyi! Poor kitty. Poor YOU! I hope she's well soon.

    Cheers,
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got to echo Sarah's comments. Not. A. Cat. Person.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes, the old poop on the bed...it's actually better than cat pee....trust me....I know!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG that is NOT a sweet bedtime treat :(

    So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yikes! At least you figured out what it was before something REALLY icky happened. I hope she feels better.

    If it helps... I had a sick dog in the middle of the night once and jumped out of bed only to land barefoot in a large pile of unpleasantness.

    ReplyDelete
  19. When Tigger was having "issues", I stepped into so much cat pee and poop that I was keeping lights on at night. At least he couldn't jump on the bed to reach my pillow!

    Hope the kitty is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. awwwh!!!! Hope she's on the mend.....love your spring picture for your header too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG, sorry but that made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.