Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the blue virgin

This month's FABULOUS is M.K. Graff's murder mystery The Blue Virgin. Marni's main character, Nora Tierney, is a virgin sleuth, and this book is the first in a series. Plus it takes place in Oxford, England. Trust me, if you like a good mystery, you want to read this book. I'm giving away one copy--I'll pull a name out of this week's comment box, so leave a comment to enter to win!


And speaking of virgins--yesterday's comments were great! They got me thinking about all kinds of things I've never done. I've never scuba-dived, gotten a tattoo, waxed any part of my body, had a pedicure or painted my toenails. I've never inhaled or injected any controlled substances, read The Kite Runner OR The Da Vinci Code, run for public office or had a C-section. I never knew ahead of time what gender my babies were--I never even dreamed about their gender! I've never had a vision, studied physics or calculus, bought fabric softener or sent a text message. I've never picked a lemon off a tree, surfed, skied downhill without falling, done Sudoku, bet on horses or dogs, gotten Hyacinth bulbs to bloom, or watched American Idol. I've never eaten alligator, seen a redwood tree, travelled to Asia, played chess, gone headfirst off the high dive, flown in a hot air balloon, understood how to jump start a car battery or gotten a rash from poison ivy.

Amazing I've made it this far, isn't it?

Spill it, reader. Share your "never did______" list and enter to win M.K. Graff's FABULOUS novel The Blue Virgin!

19 comments:

  1. I've never run a lawnmower and I never intend to. Same thing for changing the car's oil. I can pay someone for that. And there's always the Stooges they can earn their keep.

    I've never been to the grand canyon or to any part of Italy or Ireland - I would like to very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been out of the US-

    I have never ridden on a snowmobile-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a broadway musical on broadway

    I've never eaten at McDonalds (and do not want to)

    you are so funny -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you for finally putting a few “nevers” out there that I’ve never done either! I was starting to get a complex! Here’s one for ya – I’ve traveled all OVER the place and I’ve never been to the Grand Canyon. Weird, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never sent a text message? NEVER??? I'm speechless.

    I've never been on the roof of my house.

    (Mr. Hot is up there now, that's why I picked that one.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never went skydiving, scubadiving or done a backwards flip off a high dive.

    Maybe I don't like diving ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm.... I've never played in DEEP snow, like more than a couple of inches. I would like to, but just briefly! I've never eaten foie gras, or shaved my head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had sex with more than two people simultaneously, I have never had a mohawk, I have never ridden my motorscooter without panties on, I have never "eaten the worm" in a bottle of tequila, I've never been kissed by a black person, I've never ridden a mechanical bull, I have never been stung by a scorpion, I've never done heroin or crack, I've almost never opened a door for myself if there is a man also present, and I have absolutely never said the "word" 'ain't'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been on a rollercoaster. Don't ever plan on going on one either.

    I've never gotten sick from drinking too much...but I came AWFULLY close. Not that I really want to either.

    I still can't believe you never painted your toes or waxed your eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am stunned at the text message thing. Wow.

    I was going to say I've never waxed, but I did have my eyebrows done once.

    Fannie reminds me that I've never been to the Grand Canyon--even though I've been by it umpteen times. Must rectify soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never changed a tire, never did drugs of any kind, never been outside of the USA, haven't even been to a fraction of the states, also never knew what gender my kids would be and never really cared, never had much confidence until I was much older, never had a manicure until I was 57 years old, never expected to be this old and having my first grandchild, never been on a cruise, never swam in the ocean and a million more.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never gone skydiving, never ate a whole gallon of ice cream in one sitting, never had pancakes for dinner, never missed one of my kids birthdays and never thought I would go to the gym 5 days a week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another thing I have never done: changed a tire myself. Hope I can keep that record for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl, get a pedicure! Nirvana!!!!

    I've never run a marathon... but I WILL!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never run a marathon, or seen the Nile River. Never enjoyed cold weather or lima beans. I've never had children or played soccer. And I've never red The Blue Virgin.... yet :-)
    Cheers,
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm LOVING these never did lists. Same for me on the waxing and the texting. Waxing scares me, but I am going to have to start texting. My kids are making fun of me--plus it would be so convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never got a tattoo, been on a real cruise, or been to Disney World.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you do realize now that you've said NEVER, these things will happen to you. LOL.

    a good waxing will do you right my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This would be more fun if we were all together drinking wine playing the "I never" game. It's amazing what you learn about your friends you never would have imagined. Played it with my sisters (and their husbands) once, hee, hee, they probably won't play again. I'm proud to say I've never done any illegal drugs or substances. My first text message was about 10 months ago. Pedicures are awesome you should do it. I'm told that bikini waxes are very liberating so I'm considering....

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.