Thursday, May 6, 2010

kicking butt in dansko clogs

I'm that mom today--SuperMom. I got dressed in an actual Go Out And See Other People outfit--argyle cardigan and jeans not streaked with dirt and I even pulled my hair together. Added a necklace and earrings, even. Whipped up blueberry muffins from scratch for breakfast AND whipped together S'more Dip for Teacher Appreciation Week. Drove my sons to school, dished the dirt in the staff room at Happyland Elementary whilst putting out my contribution to the PTA spread. Ran errands to the bank, post office, pharmacy, library--hot damn, I even threw a couple of loads through the cycle and hung them out to dry. Fresh bouquets of lilacs are in vases all over my house, the floors are clean, we've got leftover brownies from yesterday's fresh-baked (from scratch) after school snack. I'm rousing the rabble to take on the Next Big Issue in our school district and have the final PTA meeting of the year tonight. I set up play dates for my boys and organized transportation for Mr. G (t-ball practice) and Mr. T (karate class) while I'm running the meeting. And it's not even noon, yet.

Maybe there's something to the whole "dress for success" concept after all.

Of course, if the kids kick this much tail today, I've got to wonder what was in those blueberry muffins....

20 comments:

  1. holy crud, woman, what time did you get up? Did you sleep? AND...what kind of speed drug are you taking? I'm way impressed....and somewhat jealous.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why aren't you mentioning the double espressos that you are surely mainlining?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now all you need to do is come over and share a blueberry muffin and a vase of lilacs with me ... my lilacs aren't blooming yet. I must be the last person in our area to have lilacs blooming ... it's cruel really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be right over. I need some of your mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its gotta be the shoes ;) danskos are my favorite! Way to go getting it all together today---I wasted way too much of the morning finishing reading The Omnivore's Dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot damn is right!! Is your espresso running through an IV drip, or what?!

    I too, have had a very productive morning. Hair appt., switched vehicles w/ my dad (he's the best), picked up tables for my garage sale, dropped them off, switched vehicles again, and now I'm pricing, organizing and getting ready the sale. (And checking in on my fav blogs too!)

    Go get 'em green girl! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those kinds of days! I’m always optimistic I'll be able to repeat the energy level the next day and sadly never can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a super productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huh. It's quarter past ten, and I'm procrastinating. Maybe I need a blueberry muffin. Or maybe the last few nights of working late have finally caught up with me.

    I should go to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Before noon!!? Totally impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just another day in the life.....

    A man would be totally wiped out by 10:00am.

    Love hanging laundry out to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Send some super mom powers my way please!!!! I really, really could use them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you love when it works like that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Damn! You go girl!

    Do you do windows?

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, so my problem is I'm not dressing correctly! Now that I know the problem, I can start to fix the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  16. and all this was because of Dansko? not possible. i have two pairs of Danskos. and i am never that efficient.

    ReplyDelete
  17. If this was the first-ever of your posts I was reading, I think I'd hate you. Good thing I know you're human...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Might have to print this post for Mr. Mom. Amazing! I'm picturing you running around like the tazmanian devil to accomplish that much!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need one of those muffins. Just one would do it.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.