Tuesday, May 4, 2010

maudlin

There's this baseball dad whose son plays on Mr. D's team. I notice him every week because he has the same hair as my dad--very thick, straight and dark brown and cut in a similar way--too long to be stylish. My dad has had the same haircut my entire life--only his sideburns grew shorter since the 70's. This man is shorter and stockier than my dad, but the hair--it gets me every single game.

And it makes me miss my dad.

(No, my dad's not dead, but he's far, far away.)

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure he'd love to hear that you're thinking of him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how strange things bring back memories. For me it's old spice, always reminds me of Sunday mornings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping you overcome the distance - XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a lady at my church that looks just like my deceased and much missed and loved Grandma K. Every time I sit behind her in church I weep through the entire mass.

    So I know your feeling.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe HairMan was sent to let you know your Dad is not so far away...
    Congrats on your bachelor's baptisms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss mine too. I hate not living near him.

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dad has pretty much had the same hairstyle my whole life too...and the same style glasses! Maybe it's time for a makeover...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet. My dad came to visit prom weekend, and it makes me so happy to watch him enjoy his grandchildren.
    You know who reminds me of my dad, younger version? Stephen Colbert.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nah, that's not maudlin, that's just sweet. I miss my dad, too...and I think he's always had the same haircut as well!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.