Tuesday, May 25, 2010

preparations

Thanks for all your birthday wishes for Mr. T yesterday. He had a great day. He loves his DXiXL with all his heart--but he has been good with it, putting it away when asked, going swimming after school instead of spending the entire afternoon locked into the screen (93% bigger than the DSi!). He's been respectful of his dad's threats to make it disappear if his grades drop (unlikely at this late stage in the school year).

It's beastly this week in the Badger State. I'm trying to imagine what it will be like in Utah when I arrive Friday. Fortunately I can wear my winter wardrobe in Utah--it's in the 50's there this week! My annual Screw Iowa Writers' Workshop is at Nina's again, there will be wine and cheese and stimulating conversation and a critique of my latest literary attempt: Kicks Like a Girl. I cannot wait.

But before I leave there are lists to make, groceries to buy, clothes to wash, gifts to wrap. I thought it would be easier to go while the boys are still in school. The jury's out on that so far. I kind of forgot about all the end of the year stuff mingled with the second week of summer sports. But this year I won't miss the peonies in full bloom in late June!

17 comments:

  1. How fun! I know you'll enjoy it.
    And good for your birthday boy. Swimming is so much better than going crosseyed.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time--it's a wonderful tradition you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Sounds like a fun *work* trip. Have a great time.

    And Happy Birthday Mr. T!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun. My son was just camping in Utah last weekend. He loves it there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great trip! The newness will wear off with the dsi...our wii was exciting for about 2 days ;). So jealous about swimming! My parents' pool liner is getting rplaced this weekend and then the water will have to warm back up! (By that time, it'll be cold again...midwest weather..ugh!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a brother in Salt Lake City - the weather always seems lovely there. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're going to have so much fun and I'm really looking forward to hearing about it afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a wonderful time!!

    And happy belated bday Mr. T! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your trip. It will be nice to get away from the hustle and bustle this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday to Mr. T!
    Those end-of-school-year responsibilities are killer! Hope the preparations aren't too stressful and the trip is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated to Mr. T! Your birthday post was just beautiful. Enjoy your trip. I am sure you'll have an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. have a fun trip! The cooler weather will be a relief. my students are positively melting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great trip, and happy belated birthday to Mr. T!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you have a great trip - and I love peonies too.

    Happy Day after bday to the birthday boy - they come and go so soon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy your writer's workshop. Hope you get lots of good feedback...and lots of good wine and cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.