Thursday, June 10, 2010

good things

I'm a bigger fan of spring than summer, but with the passing of our lilacs also comes the passing of the dandelions. The lawn actually looks pretty nice these days--lush and green. The heady perfume of apple blossoms and lilacs have been replaced with the sweet smell of clover and roses. Peonies, lupines and delphiniums are starting to bloom with daisies, lavender and irises close behind. June is pretty nice, why do I forget?
I'm stunned by the constant presence of children, the shift of schedules, the onslaught of activities taking up the daylight hours. But things are going well on that front: Mr. B continues to read out loud to me every day. His fluency and word recognition grow exponentially. Mr. T has already passed TWO levels on Typing Instructor I and scored a goal in soccer last night! He hustles on the field, he went from hating soccer to showing some leadership and serious effort every week. Mr. G is learning how to add and catch ground balls.
And we're picking the first strawberries.
Busy as bees.
Speaking of good things, there's this FABULOUS book by Alyssa Goodnight that I'm giving away to a lucky winner. Spill it, reader. What good things does June bring you?

11 comments:

  1. June brings mornings unhurried enough to sit on the patio with a cup of coffee, berry season, and schedules light enough for the whole family to take long walks together in the late evenings. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peaches and blueberries, deliciously ripe tomatoes, the longest days of the year, a city full of suddenly smiling people, beer gardens and travel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer is my favorite season of the year - but June brings the happy warmth of the sun on my skin, SUMMERFEST, my 27th birthday, and hours spent outside (whether it's at the park or the beach). There is nothing I enjoy more than spending quality time with my men, and the gorgeous weather of June beckons us outdoors like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lilacs best of all but this has been one WET spring. I'm more than ready for some summer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are busy as bees here too. Already I feel like I haven't accomplished enough, and it's only been summer vacation for four days! We're playing too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. June brings my rummage sale. I'm clearing some clutter and making some cash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. June....school is out so my office is quieter (the teachers are gone) and I'm a secretary.

    Our wedding anniversary....Father's Day....green grass and lots of flowers, a growing vegetable garden, spinach ready to be picked, birds at the feeder, vacation, flea markets......

    ReplyDelete
  8. June brings the first heirloom tomato sightings and the very best strawberries at the farmer's markets. YUM.

    Sounds like your June is shaping up very nicely.

    Thanks for the giveaway!
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Typing Tutor! I am at a loss for what to do this holidays... we are in unfamilliar territory, and need new traditions. I'm going with "We'll take it as it comes" and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.