Friday, June 4, 2010

restored

Team Testosterone has been kissed, the laundry washed, the floors scrubbed, the piles sorted and the general chaos put to order. Utah was divine--I got the BEST feedback on my manuscript (deemed "good" but suggestions to make it "great"). Hopefully in two months or less I'll have it ready to hand over to my agent. Wine flowed, laughter poured forth and ideas erupted. The Screw Iowa Writers Workshop left primed for the next stage of both our collective and our individual work.

writers posing beside abundant wine and food

It was satisfying to see everyone's manuscripts molded and polished as we sat around Nina's table and hashed out our notes. The meals were superb, we watched 2 good movies and 1 lame flick, we gambled (!) and met fascinating people. I drank a glass of pricey wine at the chi-chi St. Regis while admiring the view. And the next day I lost my cell phone and earned the distinction of being only one of two people using the bank of pay phones in the airport terminal while my flight home was delayed.
mountain views and happy writers posing for posterity

Summer vacation officially begins today and lethargy reigns until Monday morning. I'm off to find out what you've all been up to in the past week...


26 comments:

  1. Now you can get a super cool Blackberry and text

    Welcome Home - missed you

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you're back... Glad to hear it was a good time. The pics are great---that first one with the set table... wow, looks divine!

    Hope you have a great relaxing time this weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have you home. It was quiet on the estate while you were gone...I didn't get a sight or sound of the Men all week!

    Perhaps Monday I'll bring Kitty and Baby Bird back for a visit. The men can meet their other prom date. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home!
    What a great trip. Sounds like fun and good work was had/done by all!
    Your crocuses (croci?) look pretty in your header!
    PS. It's entirely possible that your header has looked like that for a while and I'm just an unobservant dolt, but they're pretty anyway!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the manuscript! Sounds like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a great time. I need to get away and do something like that. Have a nice lethargic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read your published novel!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! The blogosphere has been quiet without you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures! Never been to Utah, but it looks beautiful...ahhh to be blessed with jacket-wearing weather... :)

    sent you an email...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks and sounds wonderful. Glad you had such a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back!!! It sounds like you had a great time :) how nice to get constructive advice on making your works the best they can be (and pricey wine always helps!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooo - so much fun! I'm completely jealous!

    Glad you had a good time - it's always good to get restored.

    ReplyDelete
  13. a wonderful wonderful week that must have been. good luck on your revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My break starts -- well, as soon as I finish cleaning and closing up my classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back!! Sounds like you all had a productive and fun time! :) I've been MIA for awhile so I'm getting caught up too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great time - welcome back GG

    ReplyDelete
  17. Missing YOU, that's what we've been up to. What a lovely--restorative, constructive--getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cannot wait to hear your manuscript is off to an agent.

    Good work. The trip sounded fab, too.

    Love the Screw Iowa idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah for the girls weekend. Can't beat wine, cheese and friends.

    Here's to a great summer! How is the pool water?

    ReplyDelete
  20. You Rock Green Girl!!! Glad to hear you had a wonderful trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hurray! fun! I just realized that my vacation starts even later than I had thought. I work until 6/22! Aack!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like some serious fun in those pictures! I've been playing in dirt again ... of course.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I keep meaning to comment on this post... What a GREAT looking group of ladies Food and wine also look so delish. I'm jealous of your "me" time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm just catching up ... so very glad to hear you had such a wonderful getaway. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.