Tuesday, June 22, 2010

swoonworthy

Ladies (and gentlemen of a certain persuasion), did you know about this? If you did, why didn't you tell me? This was kind of fun, too. Too good to save for a "Muttonchop Monday."

My favorite would be Fredrick Wentworth,


closely followed by Fitzwilliam Darcy based on their "trading card" profiles.


You must read their profiles. Simply brilliant.

A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.--Jane Austen

That amazing Jane, she was good, wasn't she?

11 comments:

  1. It is and always has been Mr. Darcy for me. Back in my single days, seems like forever but in reality not that long ago, Pride and Prejudice was my favorite pastime on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mr. Darcy! Fantasy complete! I, however, married Mr. Robert Martin (at least the modern day counterpart). It has served me well. Fantasies rarely turn out as one imagines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jane was good. jane was very very very good. and so are the guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the DVD of this version of Pride and Prejudice - so wonderful & true to the original!

    Mr. Collins always made me laugh....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is fun!
    My favorite? Mr. Knightley, from Emma. Lordy, Lordy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose they can be handsome, but give me the swoonworty looks of Mr. Rhett Butler. That rakish grin....be still my heart.

    He was wearing something kinda close to breeches, right? perhaps?

    Maybe not. But he's hot anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How was I unaware of Muttonchop Monday? Frederick Wentworth is very fine, but I prefer Edmund Bertram. (He plays Mr. Elton, very creditably although perhaps more sympathetically than Jane Austen would have liked, in the newest Emma, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to rent this version of P & P. I watch the other version all the time, but have never seen this one.

    Mmmmm good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have good taste in men-- and literature.
    Cheers,
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is NOT capt. wentworth. NOT NOT NOT.

    the ONLY capt. wentworth is ciaran hinds.

    ReplyDelete

Spill it, reader.